2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Luton last week and couldn't believe they're in the PL now.

An outrageoulsy bad outfit.
Luton should take the TV money and run. Get their house (stadium) in order and try and get back in a few years time. If they stay up it will be a huge bonus for them. I just can't see them ploughing money into playing staff like Forest did.

You won't find a post by me suggesting Dyche be sacked, I haven't said it, and in fact have said he's earned the right to lead the club. You are right, however, that Sean Dyche's brand of football is not to my taste, and I can't understand the enthusiasm for him. His Burnley team were awful to watch and, ultimately, his model of play failed there. We have also been awful to watch, with one or two exceptions, and my fear is that the way Dyche plays, coupled with his reluctance to make changes to his preferred line up before and during the game, is not as risk free, or "stable" if you prefer, as some on here are suggesting.

Crazy as it sounds, if I spend three figures for a day out I would like to have some entertainment. Years of hoping to eek out 1-0 victories with a set piece or a rare counter attack doesn't sound like much fun and will put off a generation of fans that we are already struggling to attract.
I didn’t say you did say anything with regards to dyche being sacked. I think enthusiasm is a strong word for me anyway. I am just being pragmatic in my opinion for where we are as a club and a footballing team right now. I agree with you that the money we spend we should be entitled to more. But that’s being going on long before dyche rocked up. Ironically that’s the reason dyche is here. I agree his football looked boring at Burnley but effective with what they had to work work with. I myself and I think few others have been surprised though how effective he made us with no strikers. We create far more and good chances too in most games. If we have striker or 2 and 1-2 more additions he could stores even more. I agree with you though on his subs and game management needs to change. But hopefully with 1-2 better options off the bench he will.

As long as people dont start agitating for Dyche's removal because we're not midtable next season we should get out of this relegation merry-go-round.

After the last two seasons we have to be really humble and accept we're going to be lucky to be where Palace were this season: never in the mix for top 10 but never really in serious danger.

Some will grumble about that and start compiling lists of hipster managers they want installed. They have to be countered when they kick off and not allowed to put the skids under another Everton manager - or else we will finally be relegated.
Agitating for another manager now because of some weird notion we should be in Europe is like demanding that the guy with a broken leg should be running a marathon.

We are basically on life support right now. We are going to need a period of convalescence before we can genuinely look to mid table and above. Thankfully, Nurse Dyche is on hand with the cod liver oil.

Now, do you want the thermometer under your arm or up the bum?

I'd have had Thelwell working on a blueprint including playing style. Then i would have a selection of attainable managers to fit that blueprint so if the manager quits or is sacked theres already a structured list of targets who fit the strategy.

Not the bouncing between direct and passing that we go between every appointment.

So the likes of Bellingham, Musiala, Saka,, Pedri, Gavi, Ramos, Martinelli, Gvardiol and Hojlund arent up to snuff for you?

The only way a club like Everton can consistently improve every season is to sign top young players to slot straight into the first 11. Keep them for 2-3 seasons and sell at top whack and then sign 2 top new young players to replace them.

The rumour is that Onana is valued at £60-70mil. Id sell at £75mil so we double our money after clauses. If we wait 12months and sell at that same figure we're just under £7mil better off...in 24months were about £14mil better off.

Last summer we were linked with Goncalo Ramos, Mo Kudus, Mudryk and Gakpo for fees between £15mil and £30mil.

Aside from Mudryk the three others have seen their values more than double. If we had signed any of them our team would be vastly improved.

What the team needs this summer would be a left back, attacking midfielder, centre forward and a right winger.

Intelligent sales enabling us to strengthen with similar to those linked last summer would massively strengthen us...Maupay, Iwobi, Keane and Holgate should bring in enough for 1 top notch u23 player.

WIth the way FFP works and with what we have to spend we'd probably be able to sneak in a 2nd.

If we added an El Bilal Toure and a Xavi Simons into our eleven I assure you we'd be a FAR FAR FAR better team.

Then in 12months time we look to sell one or two like Onana and then sign in an u23 replacement + another top notch u23 player.

Thats how you build squads and squad value while holding onto a core of top young players to develop around like Branthwaite, McNeil, Patterson or whoever.

But you want to sign experience which is either:

A: Very expensive for top players
B: Limiting the ability of players due to low budgets
C: Short term focused
D: Requiring a vast tier one scouting network like Brighton has.

Although the way i would do it is to spend big on the u23s and bring in experience for low fees or on loan.

The focus has to be building a squad of top young talent. Or wait for relegation.
Sounds good and should of been the blueprint 6/7 years ago unfortunately we’re not in a position to gamble on such a blueprint and as it is we need results now or we’re relegated. What one of them players you named do we have a chance of signing. You have just named some of the top talent in Europe totally unrealistic u23 targets for us. the u23 players that we would attract right now are NOT high end players the fact you mentioned them as if I said they’re not good enough just shows the stupidity on here with people constantly putting words in your mouth as if I’ve just said haaland isn’t good enough.

Agitating for another manager now because of some weird notion we should be in Europe is like demanding that the guy with a broken leg should be running a marathon.

We are basically on life support right now. We are going to need a period of convalescence before we can genuinely look to mid table and above. Thankfully, Nurse Dyche is on hand with the cod liver oil.

Now, do you want the thermometer under your arm or up the bum?
we all know the GoT answer to that question

I watched Luton last week and couldn't believe they're in the PL now.

An outrageoulsy bad outfit.
Yeah they are the Huddersfield of this year. All I can say is one or two good signings can change a side completely so I’m curious to see how they manage the extra cash

The last 2 seasons we have been in a relegation scrap due to the managers (& team) being woeful , and thus being sacked with another coming in.

Dyche shouldn't be treated any different, if he messes up by Xmas he will rightly be booted. This season's escape will have no baring on next season.

Let's all hope he doesn't mess up.

If we're out of the relegation zone by a decent margin (4/5 points) there'd be no excuse to sack Dyche. Also, we dont know the fixtures yet. Our hardest games could all be front loaded to the first half of the season, so it'd make no sense getting shut of anyone if we were bottom 5/6 at that stage.

Sounds good and should of been the blueprint 6/7 years ago unfortunately we’re not in a position to gamble on such a blueprint and as it is we need results now or we’re relegated. What one of them players you named do we have a chance of signing. You have just named some of the top talent in Europe totally unrealistic u23 targets for us. the u23 players that we would attract right now are NOT high end players the fact you mentioned them as if I said they’re not good enough just shows the stupidity on here with people constantly putting words in your mouth as if I’ve just said haaland isn’t good enough.
This is what you wrote:

. What’s u23 signings going to do for us? The next 3-4 signings need to be first team regulars with experience

So i named a few well known u23 players to disprove your point. Now youre changing your opinion about who Everton can or cant sign and inferring that im stupid?

You can literally see what youve written asking "what can u23s do".

So again, u23s can be the best players in the team. U23s can see their values increase. U23s can stay at the club a long time. U23s can be built around. U23s can be lower cost than experienced players in their prime.

If we're out of the relegation zone by a decent margin (4/5 points) there'd be no excuse to sack Dyche. Also, we dont know the fixtures yet. Our hardest games could all be front loaded to the first half of the season, so it'd make no sense getting shut of anyone if we were bottom 5/6 at that stage.
Problem is, our Sean is like the lovechild of Sam Allardyce, Jackie Charlton and The Baldy Man....

This is what you wrote:

. What’s u23 signings going to do for us? The next 3-4 signings need to be first team regulars with experience

So i named a few well known u23 players to disprove your point. Now youre changing your opinion about who Everton can or cant sign and inferring that im stupid?

You can literally see what youve written asking "what can u23s do".

So again, u23s can be the best players in the team. U23s can see their values increase. U23s can stay at the club a long time. U23s can be built around. U23s can be lower cost than experienced players in their prime.
Fair enough I should of put u23s that we would likely sign

The Corner man is right. Now stop clogging up the Dyche thread with your absolute drivel and slink off back to RAWK please @Mathieubleucoyb. There's a good lad. You're embarrasing yourself and your family.
Post in thread 'Frank Lampard'
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/frank-lampard.115799/post-10110028

Frank Lampard

@Alan Whittle care to inform them? Anyway, Lampard might be the new Steve Bruce or the next Ancelotti. Jury is out.

Who’s the joke?? You put Ancelotti and Lampard in the same paragraph?? Have you lost it ?? You and your family are the biggest embarrassment in the history of this forum pal.
“ he might be the next Steve Bruce! Or Ancelotti !! 😂

You got way more absolute insane messages about lampard on this forum. You have 0 football IQ like Frank and it’s obvious. How can anyone take you seriously. Before you come with a claim about me on the Dyche thre check yourself.

My claims aren’t always right about Dyche but as I said Dyche deserves the season and in no way or form am I going to say he’s the next Ancelotti!! Because nobody is. Wash your mouth.

Is there any evidence that this will happen?
Of course not but you said you guarantee people will get sick of Dyche’s tactics

I guarantee they won’t if we’re getting results

It seems a long time ago now but don’t forget there were people willing to give Benitez a chance after we had a decent first five or so results at the start of his horrible tenure so I have every belief that if results are coming in, which I think they will if we don’t lose anyone important and bring in a few smart signings like a striker who stays fit and gets goals and a full back or two, Dyche will easily see out next season without too much discontent.

Style of play will only become a problem if results aren’t improving and we reach that midtable obscurity feeling again but I think we’d all take midtable obscurity with a cup run or two for now no matter the style of play

Status
Not open for further replies.