2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there are worse managers than Dyche out there that have done worse than him. But also he needs to prove that he’s capable of stabilising us, which is why I’m willing give him half of next season before deciding if he’s the right man for this particular job. As I said, if we’re in or around the relegation zone in December his position should be under review.

A lot of how we will review him come December will be coloured by what players we are able to get in summer. Right now, we need a striker, centre back (possibly 2) and a full back or else we are all but guaranteeing ourselves another relegation battle. Whoever the manager.

Of course there are worse managers than Dyche out there that have done worse than him. But also he needs to prove that he’s capable of stabilising us, which is why I’m willing give him half of next season before deciding if he’s the right man for this particular job. As I said, if we’re in or around the relegation zone in December his position should be under review.
Which is fair... but I suppose my original point is wouldn't this apply to literally any other manager out there that we could attract? there's absolutely no guarantees either way.

A lot of how we will review him come December will be coloured by what players we are able to get in summer. Right now, we need a striker, centre back (possibly 2) and a full back or else we are all but guaranteeing ourselves another relegation battle. Whoever the manager.
Correct.

Let me be clear - if we actually give Dyche the players he needs to get us up the table and he struggles, even without injuries, then yes he'll of course not be blameless. But he's certainly earned a shot at it either way.

Dyche Home Games Review: -

v Arsenal - 1-0 win against top of the table Arsenal, kept a clean sheet, if I remember correctly we created some good chance against them but couldn't score (typical) and it was a decent performance from us overall - 10/10

v Leeds - 1-0 win courtesy of a coleman winner, kept another clean sheet, another game where i think we created plenty of chances but couldn't find the net, Leeds had 0 shots on target - 8/10

v Aston Villa - 2-0 loss - this was actually quite a frustrating game because I did not think Villa were that good, this was a very even game for me with chances for both sides to score but we gave away a silly penalty in the second half and couldn't capitalise. Thought we made some very good chances in the first half. We sort of capitulated after half time unfortunately - 5/10

v Brentford - 1-0 win courtesy of a McNeil thunder blaster in the first minute. Another clean sheet and a win against an inform Brentford side at the time who were unbeaten in like 12 games. We broke a 131 year old record in this game so has to be 10/10

v Tottenham - 1-1 draw - we were definitely the better side and should have won this game really. It was quite an even game but you felt that a special moment was going to eventually come but who knew that special moment would be Doucoure getting sent off and then Keane losing his head and giving away a pen. I think we should great strength of character to actually dominate Spurs for 10 men in that second half and get an equaliser in the 90th minute thanks to a thunderbolt from Keggers. Even though we didn't win, we should have won and could have won if we had kept 11 men on the pitch - 8/10

v Fulham - 3-1 loss - this was similar to Villa but slightly worse because we allowed Fulham to keep the ball so much and they just trying to overload the wings to get up the field and we couldn't cope. They had no Mitrovic as well. I thought we were ok in the first half but second half was really bad and we made some terrible mistakes for their goals. Their third goal just should not have happened that easily - 3/10

v Newcastle - 4-1 loss - bit of a weird one this because we were all over them at the start of the game and they were panicking big time but they just slowed the game down and capitalised on our mistakes to run away with it in the end. Similar to Fulham we conceded some shoddy goals but Newcastle did score some unbelieve long range goals in this game - 2/10

v Man City - 3-0 loss - we did ok for the first 30 minutes and then after gundogan scored that wonder goal it was pretty much over - 3/10

v Bournemouth - 1-0 win - no striker, no wingbacks, a cleansheet, we didn't look like scoring at all but thankfully Doucoure got a thunder blaster and we managed to scrape the win - 10/10 for atmosphere and relief but 7/10 for performance

Dyche Home Games Review: -

v Bournemouth - 1-0 win - no striker, no wingbacks, a cleansheet, we didn't look like scoring at all but thankfully Doucoure got a thunder blaster and we managed to scrape the win - 10/10 for atmosphere and relief but 7/10 for performance

Gray and Gana missed great chances, Garner forced their keeper into a brilliant save with a long ranger. Not sure where you’ve got this from.

The more I think about it ....to get a win against Bournemouth with so much pressure on it , with the state of our squad that day and the players available ..... it was actually top class management from dyche , and he's not getting enough credit for it

Even if Dyche has us pushing for europe next season there’ll still be those that dont like him because he hasn’t got the sky sports pat on the head approval from the likes of Carragher and Neville. That seemingly seems to be more important these days than the actual results Everton managers get.

He was dealt an awful hand - Squad wise - two keepers on our bench lacking numbers etc - performed a miracle IMO .....
I mean we had young players available at the time, even the commentators were wondering why he's chosen two keepers instead of any youth player haha

But he'll definitely want to buy and play young players next year tho, for sure, 100%

:hayee:

Status
Not open for further replies.