2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they stagnated, regressed and ultimately were relegated. Conversely they cleaned house, revitalized with a younger more contemporary recruitment strategy and manager and are better for it. Limitations on Dyche's era are fair to note, but Burnley are in a more stable position this premier league run then they were under Dyche

Let me be clear I think he has more grounds for consideration than Lampard did a year ago, but survival is not a competent prerequisite as demonstrated by Frank. I think the club is in crisis and Dyche's cautionary tactics may aid the present. It also comes though with major risks. If our recruitment simply placates to his style, or follows his past precedent I expect the drop to loom or happen shortly after.

I think MSP's investment and the board should be sorted before anything with the gaffer changes. But this club was a worldy goal away from the drop. All aspects should we scrutinized or examined to be improved upon and that includes the manager.

They've not kicked a ball in the PL under Kompany.

They have bought and let go over 40 players in twelve months.

Hardly stable.

And they stagnated, regressed and ultimately were relegated. Conversely they cleaned house, revitalized with a younger more contemporary recruitment strategy and manager and are better for it. Limitations on Dyche's era are fair to note, but Burnley are in a more stable position this premier league run then they were under Dyche

Let me be clear I think he has more grounds for consideration than Lampard did a year ago, but survival is not a competent prerequisite as demonstrated by Frank. I think the club is in crisis and Dyche's cautionary tactics may aid the present. It also comes though with major risks. If our recruitment simply placates to his style, or follows his past precedent I expect the drop to loom or happen shortly after.

I think MSP's investment and the board should be sorted before anything with the gaffer changes. But this club was a worldy goal away from the drop. All aspects should we scrutinized or examined to be improved upon and that includes the manager.

How many Burnley games did you watch last season ?

Please give me your highlights.

The ownership situation at the club needs to be a top priority or it's going to seriously affect us this summer until it is either resolved or publicly clarified.

The biggest immediate problem is that new owners usually want their own man in charge. Even top managers sometimes don't survive new owners coming in like Tuchel getting fired at Chelsea for Potter the yes man. So this is some uncertainty for Dyche and it could hinder what business he is able to do unless players and their agents know who is in charge.

The sooner it is resolved the better. It really could bind Dyche's hands at a time the club needs to start preparing seriously for next season.

The ownership situation at the club needs to be a top priority or it's going to seriously affect us this summer until it is either resolved or publicly clarified.

The biggest immediate problem is that new owners usually want their own man in charge. Even top managers sometimes don't survive new owners coming in like Tuchel getting fired at Chelsea for Potter the yes man. So this is some uncertainty for Dyche and it could hinder what business he is able to do unless players and their agents know who is in charge.

The sooner it is resolved the better. It really could bind Dyche's hands at a time the club needs to start preparing seriously for next season.
From the owner/board's point of view there is nothing to resolve or clarify. Moshiri has been clear: the club is not for sale, thus there will be no "new owners" coming in, but he did want to secure outside investment to fund stadium completion, which is exactly what he seems to have done.

It's unlikely Moshiri will make changes in the boardroom (he's had years to do it and hasn't done it so far), and even if MSP have board representation they almost certainly wont have the operational power to hire-n-fire managers; so again, there's nothing to clarify over Dyche's position.

The transfer budget wont be increased or decreased because of MSP coming on board and preparations for next season should really have already started irrespective of any outside investment. Everton being a Premier League team at BMD is in the interests of all investors, so no one is going to rock the boat if the belief is Dyche can keep the team in the league next year.

Untitled.jpg

Have a look at the squad he had that last season, Consisted of players on frees , young players on loan, and a load of the squads best players in the last year of thier contracts , think there was about 3 that didn't have a club the year after they went down Lennon ect.
they were in with a shout till they sold Woods .
The board wouldn't spend any money.

Have a look at the squad he had that last season, Consisted of players on frees , young players on loan, and a load of the squads best players in the last year of thier contracts , think there was about 3 that didn't have a club the year after they went down Lennon ect.
they were in with a shout till they sold Woods .
The board wouldn't spend any money.
Will ours?

Certainly everything has to be up for discussion but not until the board is sorted. And I suspect that will not happen overnight. Personally think Dyche deserves a go next year and if new board members decide to move him on next season then I’ve no issue with that providing there is a clear plan regarding who is coming in and recruitment. Letting Dyche bring in players and take most of preseason then giving him the bullet is the sort of hare brained thing I’d expect from the current lot.
This ^^^ is exactly what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.