2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dyche has been very proactive. The guy has actively looked for solutions and didn’t sit on the “well my players are crap” excuse. He could have so easily started Maupay and lost us the game but he said “you know what, you’re garbage, watch on the Telly clown.” You can argue whether he was too experimental and all that but me personally prefer a manager that is willing to be flexible.

If you fear we will fight for relegation, Dyche could save us.
If we need someone who can build a team with very limited budget, Dyche can do that.
Then, why we need to change the manager?

….not including Keane says lots about him.

He had little to pick from but he went with leaders at the back, he knew those 3 CBs wouldn’t be scared of the occasion, they’d be mentally strong. Patched up team, no striker thanks to Thelwell but he found a way.
With no fullbacks he was savvy enough to know that 3 at the back was required. Experienced heads who know how to cover flimsy wide defending.

It's not rocket science but there was still a couple of the pundits saying a back 4 was required for the second half due to lack of options up front. Puts fully paid to the notion that you need to be a top level footballer to be a top level pundit.

Provided we find some attack - even if not a particularly good one - Dyche largely keeps us from flirting with the zone next season. Which is just fine IMO.

Don't flirt with the drop heading to the new venue on the misguided notion that "the club is better than that" - it's not. It's in shambles and a good stretch of stability would be something to celebrate.

If Dyche finishes closer to mid-table he's probably earned to stay on. If it's ugly, the new stadium probably provides at least a slight bump in terms of attractiveness to candidates.

Like the way his first reaction is to say there is a lot needs fixing. Probably more suitable than swinging from the Goodison rafters.

Hope he is given the ability to block the acquisition of any fancy dan wasters. Not what we need until we get into BMD.

Mate , he has improved the away form, and his team selections have been badly hampered by a huge lack of players that can actually do anything. The fact he has us battling until the last minute and obviously has the players “ buy in” is a skill that not many of the previous managers have had.

He may not be the answer but sacking him, paying him off and getting another in…. Without giving him a chance is not the right answer imo

He’s earned the right to try with players he’s actually bought

As i wrote, id see who would be interested and then if its not someone levels above then id just keep Dyche.

With the caveat that all signings must be u23.

Well done Sean. You were tasked with saving us from relegation and you did exactly that. Not sure what happens next and/or whether it includes yourself but for today it is job done and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.