2023/24 Seamus Coleman

Having listened to that podcast (well I’m 7 episodes deep), he really just comes across as a top fella.

Never hides, whether he has the tenacity and bite other leaders have, can be questionable.

But no mistake in my mind now, a proper credit to the club, a real leader, great example for younger generations looking to make it.

Best player in the team for me cant get near this lads attitude. Forget the team we played when he came off and was still lifting his arms up to get the crowd going from the stretcher.
Having a great attitude isn't enough for top level football. If he's really the best player in the team, even now, old and broken, then let's just relax and plan for the championship.

1697222230595.png

Interesting isn’t it, Bob Latchford never won a trophy with us either, many would consider him a legend.

Trophy is a very arbitrary measure really when you think about it. The old Djimi Traore and his CL medal factor.
It's typical of Seamus to deny being a legend, but I disagree you have to have won trophies to be a legend (although it's an enormous shame he hasn't). Lots of clubs at all levels of the pyramid go without winning trophies and all have club legends so it's not really the measure for me - it's about the service you give and how you represent the values of the club and for me no one has done that in recent times more than him.

Plus you can't discount his contribution on and off the field to dragging us away from a possible club ending relegation both of the last two years, not where we want to be and not what we want to celebrate but his efforts just to keep this club functioning and on it's feet confirm his status for me.