2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really cannot understand the negativity on here when it comes to Coleman. He has given his career to Everton, he has been top class. There is no doubt he is starting to suffer as age catches up with him but you still get everything he has. I is not his fault the club haven’t managed to bring in a right back to cover or even replace him. He just goes out and does his job to the best of his ability.
When he broke his leg against Wales I thought he would never get back to a standard that would allow him to be first choice right back.
The man is Everton through and through, he is a throughly decent man and he deserves respect for his service to the club.

….its like wanting a shiny new toy to replace an old one. The old one doesn’t work like it did when it was new but it’s still very functional and in a different way still does the job it was bought to do.

I think managers and teammates like having Coleman in the team.

I understand you don't like him a bit and would gladly dump him. At least spout your insight with some data to back up maybe....

I was just looking at this season's pass percentages. Seamus Coleman is 11th worst.... of the 16 players who have played for us this season. I am sure you are talking about passing accuracy, or is it something else for you to measure his performance against.

Pass %: 74.1, not a good look admitted, but I am sure you are also calling out other 10 worse than him in terms of pass percentage surely.... Surely?
I don't understand why he is being targeted when we know for sure, that for whatever fault he has, lack of effort has never been one and yes we do need a possible replacement / improvement going ahead.

Just don't understand the hate for the guy, though.....

When a high percentage of his passes are balls into the oppositions box then the completion rate is gonna take a kicking given it's full of defenders and a keeper. And there's probably a fair few under pressure clearances in those passing numbers after Keane fluffs his lines knocking it around at the back.

How many of his balls into the box actually make the box is a concern for some but I've never thought his crossing was as appalling as it's made out to be.

Solid defender. Tackled better than any hard man out there. Can't stress how great he was in the tackle. But personality of a sheep, a captain he was not.
Think it's ok for the captain to stick to the official line, especially in public. Best to do his Zapata thing in private, I reckon.

He was excellent today and yes we do need to replace him eventually and rest him for some games...but he gets so much undeserved criticism....he's a blue through and through and a good player......I go on a lot of other teams forums just to browse...most of them think Seamus is ace and so do I.

He was excellent today and yes we do need to replace him eventually and rest him for some games...but he gets so much undeserved criticism....he's a blue through and through and a good player......I go on a lot of other teams forums just to browse...most of them think Seamus is ace and so do I.
Look at Seamus defending and look at TAA and tell me who is the better defender, rarely does Seamus get skint but when he does it's the end of the world, his legs are gone, he can't cross it etc etc. His performance today apart from a poor clearance on one occasion was flawless, Yes we need competition for him, yes we need be get younger, but experts on here would gladly spunk 30m on Max Aarons who will never get to Coleman's level. Denzel Dumwho??

Status
Not open for further replies.