2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing well again. I am actually fine with having him as a first choice RB this year also being a leader of this team on the pitch. We just need a decent backup.

….reports of his demise might be a little premature, still life in the old dog yet which is why Benitez might be happy with what he has.

Terrific performance, made the penalty and then did what everybody says he doesn’t do, used his captains authority to ensure DCL took the penalty. I understand the Allen shouts but I’m with Coleman for MoM.

No player has given the ball straight back to the opposition more, either.
I understand you don't like him a bit and would gladly dump him. At least spout your insight with some data to back up maybe....

I was just looking at this season's pass percentages. Seamus Coleman is 11th worst.... of the 16 players who have played for us this season. I am sure you are talking about passing accuracy, or is it something else for you to measure his performance against.

Pass %: 74.1, not a good look admitted, but I am sure you are also calling out other 10 worse than him in terms of pass percentage surely.... Surely?
I don't understand why he is being targeted when we know for sure, that for whatever fault he has, lack of effort has never been one and yes we do need a possible replacement / improvement going ahead.

Just don't understand the hate for the guy, though.....

I really cannot understand the negativity on here when it comes to Coleman. He has given his career to Everton, he has been top class. There is no doubt he is starting to suffer as age catches up with him but you still get everything he has. I is not his fault the club haven’t managed to bring in a right back to cover or even replace him. He just goes out and does his job to the best of his ability.
When he broke his leg against Wales I thought he would never get back to a standard that would allow him to be first choice right back.
The man is Everton through and through, he is a throughly decent man and he deserves respect for his service to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.