2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is still fairly decent as a RWB. However he isn't mobile enough to be an overlapping RB in a 4. Also without the extra CB he gets caught out defensively as a RB in a 4.

He was playing well tonight.

Unless he was injured, that was a very strange sub to make.
We were getting overrun on his side time and again. However, Godfrey didn't stop that happening and failed to track Batshuayi for the goal so with hindsight a bad decision, but one I agreed with at the time.

We were getting overrun on his side time and again. However, Godfrey didn't stop that happening and failed to track Batshuayi for the goal so with hindsight a bad decision, but one I agreed with at the time.
I thought he was doing well, considering the pace he was up against. He was also giving them something to think about going the other way.

The Godfrey sub might have been less strange if he'd swapped sides with Holgate.

Didn't understand why he was brought off must have been fatigue thought moving him ahead of Godfrey would have been a better move. Tbh making defensive subs is one of Carlo's biggest failings

His best performances have been fueled by adrenaline, thinking also of the Spurs Cup tie. Good to see since so many of our other stars seem to lack it. But I don’t think it’s sustainable for 90 minutes every week and he doesn’t have the quality to contribute if he runs out of steam.

Also agree FWIW that no matter his personal intensity, if he’s the ‘captain’ then id like him to instill some spirit on this side in these home games against weaker clubs. The “we'll get them next time” stuff has gotten really old.

Maybe that’s asking too much, these other professionals (and the coaches) are accountable themselves. But FFS what’s the point of a captain, and why does this side still show so limply even after lots of turnover?

Also agree FWIW that no matter his personal intensity, if he’s the ‘captain’ then id like him to instill some spirit on this side in these home games against weaker clubs. The “we'll get them next time” stuff has gotten really old.

Maybe that’s asking too much, these other professionals (and the coaches) are accountable themselves. But FFS what’s the point of a captain, and why does this side still show so limply even after lots of turnover?
We missed a bag full of chances on Monday night and then switched off for Palace to equalise. Certainly wasn’t anywhere near as bad a performance as Burnley etc. I think we know a good proportion of this squad is average and we need to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.