2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me sad seeing some of my favourites so far past their best. Baines was replaced well before he dropped to this level of performance. Right back in the summer is essential. Seamus can stay as a squad option if that's what he wants to do, but I dont want to watch him like this and it affect how he's remembered. He's been a top player but is not close to a top player anymore.

It makes me sad seeing some of my favourites so far past their best. Baines was replaced well before he dropped to this level of performance. Right back in the summer is essential. Seamus can stay as a squad option if that's what he wants to do, but I dont want to watch him like this and it affect how he's remembered. He's been a top player but is not close to a top player anymore.
Don't mind him being a squad option if we cut his wages from 70k to about 20k, because he is abysmal and has been generally for years and years. Another name getting tarnished due to staying too long.

Pace and determination made him a good full back rather than any great ability. Pace has deteriorated and he’s now not really good enough.
Said the same for years. Technically he’s always been bang average. How many time were his crosses smashed into the box, basically hit and hope

We need to be moving on from Seamus great servant he just isn't of the level anymore. I'd play Holgate there in most games only bring Seamus on if we need more attacking impetus on that side, if we aren't bringing anyone in.

So poor again.

Really REALLY poor from Brands when it comes to the recruitment of a full back. He knew we were really weak there with his loan for Sidebe.

It's an absolute priority position and a massive weak spot in the side.
Definitely dropped the ball on this one. He's known we've needed a RB for 2 seasons,so much so he signed Sidibe. This should have been sorted ages ago.

So poor again.

Really REALLY poor from Brands when it comes to the recruitment of a full back. He knew we were really weak there with his loan for Sidebe.

It's an absolute priority position and a massive weak spot in the side.

The problem was that every position is becoming a priority position. We had to sort out left back and centrebacks when Brands first arrived because Williams Jagielka Martina Pennington and Baines were nowhere near prem level. So Mina Digne come in with Zouma also.

Next window it’s the midfield so it’s Gomes Gbamin and Delph. All three get crocked though for most of the season. So again we have to splash out on Docoure and Allan to try and fix it this window but again with injuries we’re still back to playing Davies and Sigurdsson most games.

I agree that we are desperate for a first choice fight back now but we had to try and address the midfield in the summer just gone. It was killing us and still is every time both Allan and Doucoure don’t play.

Status
Not open for further replies.