2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he gets back needs to pack in international football or he's finished as a premier league player imo

I think Séamus Coleman needs to make a decision about continuing to play International football if he wants to squeeze a bit more out of his Everton career. Unfortunately, as you get older, your body tends to call it a day long before your mind is prepared to do so.

He's finished as a Premier League player for about 5 years now but it hasn't sunk in yet for certain people.

Amen. He’s benefitted from being slightly better than Jonjoe Kenny for a long time. If he’s anything less than 100% fit then his pace isn’t good enough, he still hasn’t mastered crossing a ball, and his general link up play is poor seeing as he’s so one footed.

We have been crying out for a good right back for years but as usual sentimental Everton keep players far longer than we should.

Until Digne is back fit I’d be half tempted to just put Holgate and Godfrey at right and left back and just keep the door shut. France did it in the World Cup. Might be boring to watch but if it meant we stopped conceding I’d be for it in the short term until Digne is back and we can get in a decent right back.

Amen. He’s benefitted from being slightly better than Jonjoe Kenny for a long time. If he’s anything less than 100% fit then his pace isn’t good enough, he still hasn’t mastered crossing a ball, and his general link up play is poor seeing as he’s so one footed.

We have been crying out for a good right back for years but as usual sentimental Everton keep players far longer than we should.
f
Until Digne is back fit I’d be half tempted to just put Holgate and Godfrey at right and left back and just keep the door shut. France did it in the World Cup. Might be boring to watch but if it meant we stopped conceding I’d be for it in the short term until Digne is back and we can gfet in a decent right back.
Id agree here that shutting up shop and aiming for clean sheets should be the priority. 451 with James off DCL and Iwobi & Richy in front of the full backs we will still create chances to nick the game against Chelsea (and probably the next 3 games) . Seamus was decent start of season but don't see him playing a run of games so new RB is a priority now.

Status
Not open for further replies.