2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
“No, you won’t do it again. Who you talking to you’ll do it again? Hard man. Fu*king hard man”.

You love to see it from your captain. Back to his best too.

Major credit to Seamus. That’s exactly what the fans have been craving from a captain for years now. And to be fair maybe he delivers that in his quiet way more than we know, but there’s usually crowds yelling so we don’t pick it up. I’d like to think he’s growing into the role and learning what the team needs to gain confidence on the field.

Major credit to Seamus. That’s exactly what the fans have been craving from a captain for years now. And to be fair maybe he delivers that in his quiet way more than we know, but there’s usually crowds yelling so we don’t pick it up. I’d like to think he’s growing into the role and learning what the team needs to gain confidence on the field.
you can often see him going at players like that, but as you say, crowd noise stops us from hearing that he is saying.

you can often see him going at players like that, but as you say, crowd noise stops us from hearing that he is saying.
What exactly does hurling comments at an opposing player who has already been sent off achieve for the team though? That's what I'm at a loss to figure out.

I'd rather he did the talking with his feet, which luckily enough he has been doing this season, so far.

What exactly does hurling comments at an opposing player who has already been sent off achieve for the team though? That's what I'm at a loss to figure out.

I'd rather he did the talking with his feet, which luckily enough he has been doing this season, so far.
Errr, Gibbs was telling James that he'd do it again, Coleman was sticking up for his team mates, when I got into a rumble playing I expected my team mates to support me, and I'd do the same rather than turning away tutting to myself about the ruffians. Its called having a team spirit.

Only concern for me and hopefull I am wrong, is that Coleman relies a lot on pace as he likes to go up and down the field a lot, however with James ahead of him, that right hand side is going to be very tough to maintain as the majority of the running will come from the RB.
I am sure Carlos will rest him as and when requred but can see a bit of a drop second half of the season as I think fatigue will be highlighted a lot more in that position than anywhere else on the pitch.
Digne has Richarlison ahead so can have a 10 minute nap if he wants, the running's still getting done, Coleman is going to be a little isolated imo. I think Daccour/Allan are gonig to be very important when he goes forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.