2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he looked very good in the second half, looked like he was rolling back the years at times. He must love having Richarlison in front of him too, doesn’t half help tracking back.

I think he dug a few of his own players out of a hole their yesterday, and worked very well with Richarlison.

I do still believe Kenny is the future though. He's done well for Schalke so far and I expect him back here and pressing for the start next season. He's been written off way too early, but the DoF seems clear that his loan is for experience only.

Don’t shoot me and before anyone suggests it no I am not a RS...
But neither Seamus nor JJK are a patch on Alexander Arnold
We need to look further for a long term right back

Alexander Arnold plays for one of the best teams in the world. He is obviously a big talent but I think if he have to do the defending our right back has to he'd look a lot more vulnerable.

Maybe I'm blinded by my love for the lad but I think he's been fine this season. All this talk about him being a weak link, I don't really see. He's not as good going forward as he used to be but defensively he's solid and is well worth his place in the team. You want to upgrade him? Fine but we will have our work cut out doing that.

Yeah, he's been decent. But people have already made up their minds and they aren't going to deviate from their agenda

I think people are forgetting the amount of freebies he got from referees last year too. Var could negatively effect him this year. Whether we like or not though a replacement not competition will quickly become urgent.

I think he dug a few of his own players out of a hole their yesterday, and worked very well with Richarlison.

I do still believe Kenny is the future though. He's done well for Schalke so far and I expect him back here and pressing for the start next season. He's been written off way too early, but the DoF seems clear that his loan is for experience only.
Fully agree. I think the loan made perfect sense and a clear message that they only brought in a loan to cover will give Kenny hope that he will come back a better player and challenge again for the RB spot.

Don’t shoot me and before anyone suggests it no I am not a RS...
But neither Seamus nor JJK are a patch on Alexander Arnold
We need to look further for a long term right back
Not exactly a hot take that is it?

Seamus is usually a better defender that TAA. But technically the gulf is colossal. Coleman's one of the worst crossers in the league, TAA is one of the best.

Nothing wrong with Seamus,got a couple of seasons in him yet, not the pre injury Seamus but he's good enough.
He definitely hasn’t got a few seasons in him. Was poor for the first goal got rinsed by their left back. And again his final ball was shocking, when he wasn’t passing it back or square.

This team is moving on and will soon leave Coleman behind, not good enough anymore to be a regular for a team who wants top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.