2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santi Cazorla? Pretty sure he’s still playing like.

Footballers’ careers don’t end after leg breaks anymore. Everyone said this about Coleman and McCarthy, that they’d never play again, and both were back in training within 6 months.

Cazorla is still playing but at one point amputation was a serious consideration from his doctors, the stress that will have put on him will have been unimaginable.

Of course broken leg end careers, you mean just haven't heard of any recent examples in top level football. Lots of people get those type of injuries and then never get back, for physical or mental reasons. If Gomes were too mentally scarred by seeing his ankle hanging off like that he never wanted to play the game again I wouldn't blame him.

Son is a horror.

Cazorla is still playing but at one point amputation was a serious consideration from his doctors, the stress that will have put on him will have been unimaginable.

Of course broken leg end careers, you mean just haven't heard of any recent examples in top level football. Lots of people get those type of injuries and then never get back, for physical or mental reasons. If Gomes were too mentally scarred by seeing his ankle hanging off like that he never wanted to play the game again I wouldn't blame him.

Son is a horror.

Exactly. This is top level football, with the best doctors and surgeons at our disposal.

Gomes plays again pre-season 2020.

It could very well do, it depends on the severity of the break. Or if the operation is a success. Or how the rehab goes. Santi Cazorla injured his ankle innocuously and near ended up needing his whole foot amputated.

If Son's having nightmares about it then it serves him right, he 100% caused what happened.

There was miles more to Cazorla’s injury if you read into it.

You're making it sound like it's no big deal. We've got no idea what player he'll come back as if he indeed he does. Injuries like that can totally destroy a player.

For me it done me. Yeah I was playing at a level not even comparable to EPL but I had zero confidence in my leg to the point it was better to chuck it because I was gonna get injured trying to protect it. I just couldn't cope with the feeling my leg had fallen off again, nor the months of darkness subsequent to the operation. Yes, the levels aren't comparable but the mental scars are. Andre will have the support of a massive club and all our fans and he'll need it. Trust me. Even then he'll still not be the same again.

Our ‘leader’ thinks there are two victims. So disappointed in Coleman and if he sets the tone for the squad, I’m not surprised we aren’t competitive.

I think that’s harsh. He obviously feels emotionally attached to what happened because of what happened to him. It isn’t Coleman’s fault the media have gone to town with Son well-being updates, and thought it was within his duties to check that the other player is okay. Still think Son is to blame, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.