SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the first things they should do is to give managers the power to challenge the ref a la NFL.
The only time VAR is used is when a manager challenges a refs decision or lack there of.
Each manager gets 3 chances to challenge. If the challenge fails, the team lose a sub. No subs left, no ability to challenge.
Works better now that you have 5 subs.
I get that it doesn't fix the issue of poor decisions from the VAR refs but it does mean the likes of the VVD tackle would go to VAR (if lampard wanted it to).
Maybe if refs get it wrong they pick up points similar to bookings.
Combine this system with goal line tech and the new offside chip tech and the game might flow a bit better.
Also, mic up the conversation between the ref and VAR.
I don’t think there are enough key incidents in a football match to warrant the challenge system. It would basically just lead to every goal being challenged because they’re the big ticket decisions.

I don’t think there are enough key incidents in a football match to warrant the challenge system. It would basically just lead to every goal being challenged because they’re the big ticket decisions.
maybe, but it leads to no more than 6 VAR interactions each game and I'd imagine neither boss would use the last one unless absolutely necessary so in a normal game there might be 4 calls. No manager is going to risk losing a sub by challenging a legitimate goal.

It takes control of when VAR is used out of the refs hands and puts it in the teams hands.

not sure about the flags in football (sorry that's soccer for you yanks!!!), just couldn't see it being adopted.

What I do think should be adopted, if VAR is to continue, is like the NFL to have an onfield decision and that can only be overruled if there is clear evidence it was incorrect so any doubt and it goes with the onfield decision. All goals are reviewed and, then like rugby, if the TV official spots something off the ball they show it to the ref and everyone can see and hear what they say and how they make their decisions.

Without that transparency the assumption should be that it is corrupt as otherwise they would just let us hear.

For what it's worth I think from Saturday the goal would rightly have been overturned and Van Dijk should have been sent off. Grays goal wasn't clear and obvious, despite the lines, so would have gone with infield decision (can't remember what it was)
That’s what there meant to do now.. Clear and obvious.. the problem with VAR is it’s the same muppet running it as the ones on the field

The technology just needs to better.

They need to redesign the system to incorporate more cameras at better angles and some kind of tracking marks built into kits to accurately see exactly where they are and their speed. Footballs that can sense who touched it last and everything timecoded down to the microsecond.

And all available online during the game for everyone to check themselves.
Already done coming in next year in the CL this year.

One of the first things they should do is to give managers the power to challenge the ref a la NFL.
The only time VAR is used is when a manager challenges a refs decision or lack there of.
Each manager gets 3 chances to challenge. If the challenge fails, the team lose a sub. No subs left, no ability to challenge.
Works better now that you have 5 subs.
I get that it doesn't fix the issue of poor decisions from the VAR refs but it does mean the likes of the VVD tackle would go to VAR (if lampard wanted it to).
Maybe if refs get it wrong they pick up points similar to bookings.
Combine this system with goal line tech and the new offside chip tech and the game might flow a bit better.
Also, mic up the conversation between the ref and VAR.
CHALLENGE SYSTEM WONT WORK why do ppl keep asking for this..

The problem with VAR is not the system or the camera… it’s the morons who run it who DONT apply the rules.. football has rules.. yet according to VAR they can be bent depending on the team and be give one way in one game and the other way in a different game.
Offside doesn’t bother me as it will be fixed next year with more tech.

VAR should be run by an independent body and not match day refs

1662493720149.png

That’s what there meant to do now.. Clear and obvious.. the problem with VAR is it’s the same muppet running it as the ones on the field
My interpretation from just watching and not having read any rules is that the onfield decision seems irrelevant and in fact linos and ref specifically refrain from making a decision when there is potential ambiguity, then they or VAR make a decision solely based on TV evidence and ignore what the ref saw on the pitch. Perhaps that's evidence of what you say, and I think all can agree, that the main problem is the people making decisions using VAR, the refs and former refs in Stockley parks, and in my view lack of transparency of how they make those decisions

Sin bin the challenging team's goalie for 5 minutes if the challenge is incorrect ?

Sin bin the challenging team's goalie for 5 minutes if the challenge is incorrect ?
I think losing a substitution would be the most obvious comparison to losing a timeout in nfl, to prevent frivolous challenges. But in any event, there's no way I can see the challenge system even being considered let alone adopted

I think losing a substitution would be the most obvious comparison to losing a timeout in nfl, to prevent frivolous challenges. But in any event, there's no way I can see the challenge system even being considered let alone adopted
"goalie in a hole" - where the six yard box reveals a three foot deep hole that the keeper has to stand in until ref decides penance is served?

"goalie in a hole" - where the six yard box reveals a three foot deep hole that the keeper has to stand in until ref decides penance is served?
?as much chance of that as challenge system coming in! They could put a priest in stockley Park too to dish out the penance. And he could review the footage too would likely make better decisions than the refs!

maybe, but it leads to no more than 6 VAR interactions each game and I'd imagine neither boss would use the last one unless absolutely necessary so in a normal game there might be 4 calls. No manager is going to risk losing a sub by challenging a legitimate goal.

It takes control of when VAR is used out of the refs hands and puts it in the teams hands.
I don't think I have seen a game with 6 var interactions, probably not even 4.

Often there is none or one.

Status
Not open for further replies.