SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a genuine question - what happens to a referee who makes a glaring and obvious error? What happens if it happens frequently? Is there a sanction?

Which comes back to the accountability issues. If there's no process to deal with referees who are making the wrong calls, the standard will never rise.

It's like a player who has no competition for their position: will they ever really push on? People make mistakes, it's natural, but repeatedly is not acceptable.

Until there's accountability, refereeing in this country will not improve as the closed shop (the PGMOL runs by ex-referees) will maintain the status quo.
In answer to the initial question, if a ref makes an error negatively affecting a sky 6 side it is front and centre all the next week and analysed in the media to the nth degree. And then mentioned every time the fixture occurs for next few years (at least 2 pickford/van [Poor language removed] mentions today).

If a non- sky 6 side then mentioned in passing on Motd and then forgotten about.

As a ref therefore you end up subconsciously favouring the sky 6 as you cannot afford to get one wrong to their detriment.

I don't believe there is corruption per se, just media fuelled unconscious and conscious bias.

Anyone seen the Villa goal whereby the linesman gave offside against City.

Why isn't that being reviewed?
Why isn't the VVD tackle reviewed?

This is what I don't get.

If VAR was brought in because of subjective decisions then its not fit for purpose because the same subjectivity is being displayed on VAR decisions.

So as an actual sporting event. Just cancel. It.

And we should have had a pen off Milners arm.

But yanno it's agst Liverpool.
100%, i said this straight after the game.
Why didnt they pick up on it at the time, why didn't they go to var review for serious foul play for van dik tackle..
Its never ending, and always against the 'smaller' clubs.
That decision against the hammers earlier was disgusting yet it will get swept under the carpet by tomorrow.
While the corrupt shoitebags still talk about Pickfords tackle.

So milners foot is not playing him on / didnt deflect off milner ?

On the angles I see milners foot looks way ahead of coady

Screenshot_20220903-221041_WhatsApp.jpg

You mean this one ?

Var is the get out of jail card for the premiership to keep the money rolling in the viewers tuning in and the teams that threaten the top 6 to stay in their respective lanes

In answer to the initial question, if a ref makes an error negatively affecting a sky 6 side it is front and centre all the next week and analysed in the media to the nth degree. And then mentioned every time the fixture occurs for next few years (at least 2 pickford/van [Poor language removed] mentions today).

If a non- sky 6 side then mentioned in passing on Motd and then forgotten about.

As a ref therefore you end up subconsciously favouring the sky 6 as you cannot afford to get one wrong to their detriment.

I don't believe there is corruption per se, just media fuelled unconscious and conscious bias.
I agree with that however, the amount of money in football it would be naive to not consider that corruption is present, or considered by people involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.