Scenarios?

What Scenario?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfDixie

Player Valuation: £70m
Now I have been thinking about all the stuff I have heard this summer, and all the stuff I have read, and then the facts of what has actually transpired.

Well the scenarios are this.

Scenario A:

Moyes knew we had money and didn't spend it, he has left it late to make up his mind on players, he has been dragging his heels etc..

Maybe this warrants poor management, and negligence - therefore he should be fired.

Scenario B:

Kenwright has lied to us, the board have lied to us, they have messed the manager around, and he is going to walk due to this.

Going with either one of the scenarios, Moyes is out of a job.

Or

Scenario C

Moyes and Kenwright have set their sights too high and have found that the sharks who swim in the plush waters are more likely to bite back and take a chunk.

What do people think?

I think Moyes has got money but he didn't get the money when he wanted to start signing players, I don't think he'd had money all summer anyway.

It's a combination of alot of things, poor managment from top to bottom. I don't agree with blaming just one person, we really don't know the facts so it would be unfair to do that.

Erm...id say Scenario D.

Moyes has had the money to spend since the Kirkby decision. Before then Moyes was messed around by the board. Now Moyes has failed to make signings, with the money he has (around £20 million i reckon), and it is possible he will be fired. However with Moyes not signing a contract, he is after more money for transfers and/or for himself, so he therefore might quit within the next season.

Moyes won't get fired, not a chance. I don't think he leave either, if he does then good riddance, we don't need a manager who cracks when he doesn't get his own way. Thankfully I don't think he's like that, he'll stay.

Moyes won't get fired, not a chance. I don't think he leave either, if he does then good riddance, we don't need a manager who cracks when he doesn't get his own way. Thankfully I don't think he's like that, he'll stay.

Thats what i think, Kenwright would be too scared to fire Moyes, even if it is all Moyes' fault. And Moyes walking, i would never think that - however...that does beg the question...Why hasnt he signed a contract - which he said he would sign about 4 months ago "in the coming weeks", then again getting back from America "in the next week or so" etc...

Thats what i think, Kenwright would be too scared to fire Moyes, even if it is all Moyes' fault. And Moyes walking, i would never think that - however...that does beg the question...Why hasnt he signed a contract - which he said he would sign about 4 months ago "in the coming weeks", then again getting back from America "in the next week or so" etc...

We'll see what happens. I think there's alot going on behind the scenes, we'll all know we aren't in the best condition on and off the pitch.

Some contracts do take time though, I remember Yobo's a few years ago, it was on the table for a year or two and he didn't sign it. Sometimes these things take time.

i dont think its any of the options.

i think the club did have a good amount of money for transfers although probably not as much as moyes was expecting/deserved.

i think moyes knew what players he wanted but had to chop and change to fit the budget.(he probably thought he only needed 3 or 4 players at this pont)

i think it was also a shock that when the dust settled at the end of last season that we needed 6/7 players , due to injuries and outgoings.
(moyes must have originally expected aj and carsley to be here this season)

getting 6 players for under 30 million is a headache in itself and would have forced moyes to have a rethink about his targets a second time, setting him back again.

i dont think its any of the options.

i think the club did have a good amount of money for transfers although probably not as much as moyes was expecting/deserved.

i think moyes knew what players he wanted but had to chop and change to fit the budget.(he probably thought he only needed 3 or 4 players at this pont)

i think it was also a shock that when the dust settled at the end of last season that we needed 6/7 players , due to injuries and outgoings.
(moyes must have originally expected aj and carsley to be here this season)

getting 6 players for under 30 million is a headache in itself and would have forced moyes to have a rethink about his targets a second time, setting him back again.

This is sort of what I think too. There is also the possibility the money was always guaranteed. Let's say he knew all along that he was going to have around £30m to spend. Maybe he wanted M'Bia and Mountinho and thought he had a realistic chance (via agents/analysis) of getting them for £22m (£16m & £6m) and he intended to use the rest to make up the numbers. When those deals weren't going as expected things all get prolonged, then he doesn't know exactly how much he has to get those other 3-5 players. Maybe he was confident of getting quality players on loan (Love and Tiago) to make up some of those numbers, but with that not playing out he then has to be even more careful that he has enough players from that £30m budget.

In the end I doubt we will know what happened and maybe all the theories play some part.

I think this is bullshit, Ghost.

We have no way to figure that out and fueling speculation is some kind of dangerous game.

All we can do is wait and see what happens, because no matter the mistakes may have been made I'm sticking with Moyes and Kenwright... I'd rather have them both than some russian billionaire bringing Mourinho to the club.

I think this is bullshit, Ghost.

We have no way to figure that out and fueling speculation is some kind of dangerous game.

All we can do is wait and see what happens, because no matter the mistakes may have been made I'm sticking with Moyes and Kenwright... I'd rather have them both than some russian billionaire bringing Mourinho to the club.

How are we fueling speculation? I doubt there are many Evertonians who would prefer not to have a Russian billionairre bringing quality to the club.

Were not Exeter? Were here for success.

How are we fueling speculation? I doubt there are many Evertonians who would prefer not to have a Russian billionairre bringing quality to the club.

Were not Exeter? Were here for success.

We've managed to knock on the door of success with little means. I'd rather give the guys time to build something stronger than to have some crazy man wanting to burn some money.

We'll get there, we need time but we'll get there.

Patience is all we need.

It's useless to discuss wether the club had the money, wether kenwright lied or wether were the reasons for Moyes not to spend.

Like american money "In Moyes I trust", although I don't fancy every actions of the man. I can be critical of him but at the end of the day I stand by what he has done in this football club.

We didnt get the players, indeed, but we obliged to live with our own limitations and I think this bunch of kids will bring us silverware in a couple of seasons. For that they need room and quality players.

At this point we brought in some players for nearly nothing. I'm sure they're not [Poor language removed] and they'll have some good quality in them. Maybe if we find the balance in this players we'll be able to add one or two world class players.

At the present time I don't think that 2 world class players would put us at the gates of Valhalla. Without a good and consistent bunch of players not even Messi or Kaka would make us world beaters and Moutinho wouldn't do it for sure.

I don't believe we'd beat Blackburn or Pompey with Leo Messi in the team. It's just the way things are right now. We lost balance.

We need to regain it.

We've managed to knock on the door of success with little means. I'd rather give the guys time to build something stronger than to have some crazy man wanting to burn some money.

We'll get there, we need time but we'll get there.

Patience is all we need.

It's useless to discuss wether the club had the money, wether kenwright lied or wether were the reasons for Moyes not to spend.

Like american money "In Moyes I trust", although I don't fancy every actions of the man. I can be critical of him but at the end of the day I stand by what he has done in this football club.

We didnt get the players, indeed, but we obliged to live with our own limitations and I think this bunch of kids will bring us silverware in a couple of seasons. For that they need room and quality players.

At this point we brought in some players for nearly nothing. I'm sure they're not [Poor language removed] and they'll have some good quality in them. Maybe if we find the balance in this players we'll be able to add one or two world class players.

At the present time I don't think that 2 world class players would put us at the gates of Valhalla. Without a good and consistent bunch of players not even Messi or Kaka would make us world beaters and Moutinho wouldn't do it for sure.

I don't believe we'd beat Blackburn or Pompey with Leo Messi in the team. It's just the way things are right now. We lost balance.

We need to regain it.

I can only agree with the first two paragraphs of your post I`m afraid. I think the fans of our club have been very patient indeed. Unfortunately they are/have been treated as a necessary evil.
I also believe that just when we actually looked like we were going to challenge the big boys something has gone seriously wrong at the club. Who is to blame is irrelevant in my opinion.
But once again I think that until Moyes signs his contract........etc.....etc.

For me a mixture of B and C

I dont think we've this mythical 25 million people go on about i personally think we overspent last summer and it came back to bite us on the arse

Plus i feel we've set our sights way to high for going for players,who frankly wont come to us for less than mega money and in this day and age of greed and avarice its niavety on the boards part to think they would come to play for us for next to nothing.

I can only agree with the first two paragraphs of your post I`m afraid. I think the fans of our club have been very patient indeed. Unfortunately they are/have been treated as a necessary evil.
I also believe that just when we actually looked like we were going to challenge the big boys something has gone seriously wrong at the club. Who is to blame is irrelevant in my opinion.
But once again I think that until Moyes signs his contract........etc.....etc.

I don't think we can say we were looking like going to break into top 4, cause I don't believe we would even with Moutinho and M'Bia and Love....

We would be just a step closer. And we had to be patient, my friend. We've been skint for some 15 years and when we had some sort of good money we used to blow it on crap players. These things will come to collect their price. And that's what we've been doing in the last few years. Fortunately, we've found some sorcerer who made some magic in briniging us close to the big boys. And now it seems we got greedy, we just want to break into it without any real base to support our ambitions.

Mistakes have been made not only by not bringing in new players, but mainly by not guaranteeing the same level of quality from last season. We lost players who were important and we didn't bring in anyone as good, not to mention better.

About the blame, I agree... I prefer to look for solutions rather than looking for someone to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.