Homepage Update: Scared of the Change, Lad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I would take exception to the point; 'for every time you think he's cost Everton a win, I'll give you 3 where he's won it for us'.

The top players turn draws into wins and defeats into draws. When his team have most wanted somebody to produce something, I think he's been found wanting. He's usually disappointed in the big games, just re-run last years Derby matches.

If he signs a new contract I think he'll struggle to get a game.

The change?

If he's going through the menopause his head is probably all over the place.

I'm don't feel comfortable villainizing him anymore.

Best to let him do as he pleases away from the first team squad and Under 23 sides.

Cue David Bowie.... "Ch...ch...ch...changes"

Question: Has he been seriously missed so far this season?

I was really hoping that since he was going this summer, we would at least have swapped him out for a proven striker. Neither happened, and we now have to pay his medical bills and get him match fit for our rivals! This is what bothers me the most and not the loss of "one of ours" (which no longer applies, since he doesn't want to play for us)!
Scared of change? Give me a break!

Has already agreed to Spurs in January on the cheap.
They have us over a barrel, we nearly palmed him off onto Chelsea but he wants Spurs and refused to go.

He's probably terrified of the ruthlessness of competition for starting places at Chelsea. Given his attitude at times Conte would have him on the bench most weeks. Spurs would give him a bit more leeway and few more cuddles.

Sign him up? He's had his contract offer he's swerved us and was going for a medical until he wasn't sure we're he would play for Chelsea. Blue? Loyal?

Sell him in Jan like he wishes and make the turncoat get the niasse treatment.

You had your chance Ross Enjoy chelski or Spurs lovely bench.

I remember him bursting onto the scene as a young teen and thought we had a world beater on our hands but he doesn't seem to have developed much at all.

Can blame Martinez for that, Moyes was developing him quite well but still pampered him, Martinez just pampered him and offered no development and it's not surprise since becoming a guaranteed first team starter when Martinez took over his ability seemed to hit a brick wall, when there's no competition and little criticism why bother pushing yourself to be better when you're already the best ?

Status
Not open for further replies.