2018/19 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting from a psychological standpoint for me

At what point does taking a huge pay cheque no longer make up for basically wasting your one chance at being a professional footballer and playing regularly? Does it ever? How many players would be happy sitting out a contract just for the money? All of them?

I honestly don't know what I'd do if I was in Sandro's position. I'd like to think I'd take a pay cut so I could keep playing, but until you're in that scenario it's hard to say
It's professional.sport or work.all depends what way you look at it.you wouldn't take a pay cut where you work so you could work somewhere else for cheaper.

It's professional.sport or work.all depends what way you look at it.you wouldn't take a pay cut where you work so you could work somewhere else for cheaper.

People quitting a job they hate to take one elsewhere for less money isn't really unheard of

If I was at a job that was killing my career because I wasn't getting to do what I wanted to do, then I might consider doing it elsewhere for less, especially if it was my dream job. A better paying job in that field could still come down the line

He got 10 two seasons on the bounce for west ham. And then 14 during their season in the championship. Would rather have him then sandro.

People quitting a job they hate to take one elsewhere for less money isn't really unheard of

If I was at a job that was killing my career because I wasn't getting to do what I wanted to do, then I might consider doing it elsewhere for less, especially if it was my dream job. A better paying job in that field could still come down the line

I agree completely. But football isn't the real world anymore.

When you are earning 5m a year for doing very little, plenty of footballers don't seem to care anymore. I'll have massive respect for sandro if he does decide to leave so he can play. He'd still be a tremendously wealthy man if he took even a 90% deduction. Football is a mad game.

and he might be thinking i could be just as [Poor language removed] elsewhere and i will be getting less money for it so feck it may as well stall on here.it's not like they are actually working like me or you so easy stay and see out a year or 2 on a contract and move then.some lads love footy more than anything but to other lads it just pays the bills and looks after the family.

We probably went in with the peter risdale approach. Apparently at Leeds a player and his agent went in to see him thinking “we’re not taking less than £30k/week”. Walked in and Risdale goes with “£50k/week, not a penny more”.
The player and agent look at each other in disbelief. Risdale sees their reaction and straight away “ok, £70k a week”.

(Figures might not be accurate but the general idea of the story is correct)

Seth Johnson said when he went there he was on 7k a week at derby and thought “ if I can double my wages that would be good” went in and they offered him 50k off the bat.

Seth Johnson said when he went there he was on 7k a week at derby and thought “ if I can double my wages that would be good” went in and they offered him 50k off the bat.

50K p/w back in early 2000 for a player I never heard of, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.