Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s only beaten the absolute dregs of this terrible league, when he’s came up against anyone above us we’ve Been battered and yet people want him to stay.

Him staying is the acceptence of mediocrity and never winning anything ever again.

Havnt seen many saying they want him retained.

Seen plenty saying he has done what he was asked to do.

You make some good points mate. But for me he sucks the life out of enjoying Everton for me. Yes he has reassembled a shambles not of his making but his lack of ambition does it for me. I think Moyes was actually better because he would go at any team at home and had a pattern of play. Allardyce gets teams behind the ball and hopes to nick things on the break don't we need more when we've spent t alot of money? I agree we need to rebuild taking on the top six will take years to achieve bit build with a man you believe in a man with an ethos a long term vision a younger hungrier manager that's our best shot. I agree with consistentcy and stability Moyes achieved quite a bit with that but it has to be with the right man.

I think it’s reflective of the context mate. I gave up on anything meaningfully being done this season well before he took over. The only objective after Southampton was survival to be honest, we were poor.

You are right of course, with money spent we should have expected more it was massively poor recuritment. We can’t really lay that at his door though. Interestingly when you look at the last two games it was Walcott and Tosun who were the match winners, see where I’m going with this.

Moyes early years weren’t like his last years mate it took a few seasons before we really cut muster, he was very pragmatic and direct to start.

I agree his aim is results, the performances are secondary at the moment. Not good enough long term, but it has been necessary, I think it’s unfair to say otherwise given the context of relegation. It’s a bit of a luxury to be cringing about performances given what could have happened before he took over, in many ways reflective is success ironically.

I’m not sure on the next appointment mate, if you stay anywhere long enough things come full circle, I hear stuff like a young up and coming manager, who plays attractive football and I think how short our memories are, Roberto Martinez, Koeman, the names I see bandied about are all of this ilk. I have my own ideas but fans tend to go from one spectrum to the other on who they want depending on what they are bored of in the that moment. Very few lessons appear to be learned.

I actually think people place to much emphasis on a manger, tactics, recruiter, coach, man manager, motivator, yes but ultimately he is an enabler. It’s often up to the players in my opinion.

Limassol, Lyon, Atalanta... when we got hammered by Southampton, we looked like a team that might not win another point.

I don’t like his dross football & want him gone, but I’m not blinded to reality.

Was talking about Koeman rather than Unsworth tbh.

Btw i’ve said lots that he’s done the job asked of him, no complaints with it. I think Koeman would have had us in the same position though.

Given the fan unrest and the fact that he's on an obviously short leash as regards his contract, he's done remarkably well in getting the team to produce the level of results they have. You'd think many of them would have downed tools under the circumstances, but they're still playing for him.
They aren’t playing for him, come on. That wasn’t a big effort today. We were crap, we defended most of the day, most didn’t play hard, Huddersfield were just really bad.

Sam set us up for a draw. Seriously.

Beating the bottom feeders of the league, which he’s gotten to play much of because he missed the tough part of our schedule, isn’t some great accomplishment.

He has to go and not just for his arrogance.

He was 2 points out of 9th when he took over and has had an easy schedule without Europe or Cups.

He’s getting results playing turgid football, if we must be mid table I’d rather be mid table playing with style and flair.

It’s not necessarily about pushing us on I just want to enjoy what I see.

Regardless of job done his position is untenable given the relationship between him and the fans he certainly hasn’t helped his cause with comments to the media so I have no sympathy there.

Results have been ok given the circumstances. But realistically we struggle to create CCC’s, players work rate is poor, motivation and confidence is in the gutter and the footy is utter turgid. 1ish shots on target is not good enough and we have been quite lucky with a few games as far as goals go. People berate Moyes for being similar and yes we had some god awful performances but we definitely played better under Moyes then with lard ass.

In all honesty I’m quite disappointed with BSA he had a chance to really put his marker down. Don’t expect him to change his ethos but be more expressive and have some ambition instead he treated us like a treadmill. Going off at fans, refusal to take ownership, stubbornness to not try new things, refusal to play younger players and just wasting our time. He has no right to complain he done this to him self bigger clubs have bigger expectations that’s a part of football.

Do people think players have improved in there commitment and attitude under him?

was just thinking quite a few seem to have kicked on under him in comparison to how they had been performing befor he arrived.

I can only think of Rooney who has regressed.

A few people turning on results against dross but ask yourself this what does he build if he stays for a season or two?How long has he got left in football?Does he invest in our younger players and our future?Can he push us beyond 7th? What kind of players will he bring in?Does he improve players? Does he have an ethos beyond get behind the ball and launch it and hope a few moments come off?

We can win 2 points a game average against the bottom 10 teams, if we routinely get either smashed embarrassingly or play like we are terrified to even go forward against a top six side who cares

Status
Not open for further replies.