Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was the Mosh at Arsenal last night?
Rumours are he's after Wenger?

It was probably just to watch his old club and hang out with his mate, can’t see Arsene Wenger coming here.

You still think Allardyce is a goner Joe, after that today?

Big drift on the fonseca odds tho

Bookies are in it to make money. Sky more then anyone, get balance to say fonseca has knocked us back. Drop the odds and watch the fools throw money on another person who'll probably have no chance of coming to us. The longer this goes on the more the bookies will move it around to make people put more money on different candidates.

Besides which if the bookies did have some insider info, would they let us know it or use it to manipulate more money out of us?

I’m gonna get hate for this but if Fonseca has rejected us we are better off keeping Allardyce because I’m not impressed enough with another realistic target, what a sorry mess

So you'd rather one of the worst possible options as manager who openly disrespects fans? If his style was ugly but winning I'd begrudgingly accept it, but it isn't and he is a cancer of negativity we will do nothing beyond top ten with him here, nothing. The damage to the club could be long lasting with this chump.

He's been the same on twitter. Gotta love the work he's doing to get Sam out. Wish I had the same enthusiasm, unfortunately Sam's just made me a bit meh.
It's the apathy growing in you, embrace it, accept it , let it bathe you in meh-ness , cocoon yourself in it.
Because it's the only thing that will keep you sane in the hard times ahead.

Have we ever had a more universally unpopular manager?

My clear memories of supporting everton go back to Colin Harvey's days, and honestly I can't think of a more hated manager. Even Mike Walker still had some support when he was fired, many understood Walter Smith had players continually sold from under him, Martinez was adored for a season, and Koeman was respected without really being liked for a while. Any old-timers think of another manager we've had more hated from the word go than Mr Gravy?

In no quote does he say he's staying next season or that he has the board's full confidence. I am clinging to that hope because the he's staying narrative is too depressing. We now need clarity from the club though.

He’s shown he can get extra out of average players and get them playing in an effective attacking system, when they were flying earlier this year they looked great to watch.

We haven’t gone forward one bit in the 5 months Allardyce has been here, he’s improved nothing.

We have gone from 5th bottom to 8th though lol x

he 100% did say that this morning,had tv on when he was talking, said it so fast, you just about caught it,he said it when they when they were going on about managers i think it was for arsenal,not that him saying it means anything
If Balague has said Fonseca's rejected us I'd tend to believe it. He isn't always right but he is a connected journalist not an online itk.
Fonseca has stated publicly he's in negotiation with Shaktar and his odds have drifted sharply. Looks like Silva's now by far the most realistic option if Sam goes and a hell of a lot has happened to dull his lustre since Mosh offered £10m for him.
Could explain the club not offering it's public support to Sam. Mosh is still wavering due to the quality of realistic replacememts available so wants to keep his options open.

Have we ever had a more universally unpopular manager?

My clear memories of supporting everton go back to Colin Harvey's days, and honestly I can't think of a more hated manager. Even Mike Walker still had some support when he was fired, many understood Walter Smith had players continually sold from under him, Martinez was adored for a season, and Koeman was respected without really being liked for a while. Any old-timers think of another manager we've had more hated from the word go than Mr Gravy?
I asked me dad this the other day, he's 67 and grew up 5 mins from Goodison, went a lot of matches when he was young, I've never seen him this unarsed about an Everton team and he took me the game through the late 90's. It says all I need to know about Allardyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.