Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He already has?
He’s pushed us on from the disaster that was Unsworth’s caretaker reign.

If we finish 10th, Sam will make it seem like he’s won us the league and what a miracle it is for us to be there.

He needs to go in the summer for us to be on track for being a Champions League club by the time we move stadiums.

These are Koeman's players - the squad he assembled - so no, that's wrong.

It was clear that he was not motivating the players or able/willing to gel a team from his purchases. Barkley criticised, Lukaku told he should aspire for better, Stones gone too. A great assembled pool of talent can fail with bad leadership. There was no comaradery under Koeman and the fight was not channelled correctly (Lyon game a prime example).

Allardyce is talking down expectations e.g. target is top half. Is this managing expectations or being conservative? He sounds like a man who doesn't believe this form can last and as though he himself is surprised at the great run we are on. I don't think he really knows how he has had such a significant impact and as such expects the wheels to fall off again at some point.

He's not perfect, but he'll do just fine for us right now.

Still want Dyche as the long-term solution, but - and while I'm aware this may end up sounding a bit Brexit - it's good to have a British coach back in charge who gets how big the club is and straight away has shown a willingness to play the youngsters and stick with them.

But in the main, BFS has made things - in the main - easier for a lot of players by simplifying their games. Still needs a few more tweaks but we've played some good stuff going forward and the team look full of confidence. Defensively, everyone knows their jobs and are doing them well.

It was clear that he was not motivating the players or able/willing to gel a team from his purchases. Barkley criticised, Lukaku told he should aspire for better, Stones gone too. A great assembled pool of talent can fail with bad leadership. There was no comaradery under Koeman and the fight was not channelled correctly (Lyon game a prime example).
...and Del-boy lost as well.

Koeman was a disaster. That Dutchman's arrogance index was only matched by his BMI.

To strike a balance here, Darth, Stones was going, Lukaku thought himself above us and Ross still isn’t the player he thinks he is.

He's not perfect, but he'll do just fine for us right now.

Still want Dyche as the long-term solution, but - and while I'm aware this may end up sounding a bit Brexit - it's good to have a British coach back in charge who gets how big the club is and straight away has shown a willingness to play the youngsters and stick with them.

But in the main, BFS has made things - in the main - easier for a lot of players by simplifying their games. Still needs a few more tweaks but we've played some good stuff going forward and the team look full of confidence. Defensively, everyone knows their jobs and are doing them well.

Surely he's much of a muchness with Allardyce? I don't really see any difference at all.

There's not that much between the bottom 12 or so teams this season, which is why if our continued crap form had continued we'd be in big trouble right now

Thankfully, Allardyce has tightened things up and we've put a bit of a run together

Once we get to 40 points we can start looking upward and trying to get into the top 8

Until we get those 40 points we're not out of the woods, so if the football becomes less exciting so that we can get the required results then that's fine with me

For the first time in a while we went 0-1 down last night and I still thought we could get back in the game. In the dying days of Koeman or Martinez I wouldn't have had that feeling, and we probably wouldn't have got back into it either. That's progress

Sam wasn't my choice, but he's doing well fighting the fire that was our early season collapse. That was why he was brought in, and thus far it's "job done". Here's hoping we get to those 40 points ASAP so we can start looking up instead of down

Status
Not open for further replies.