Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually do think we're playing better footy though mate.

Even in the first half yesterday there were glimpses. You can see what we were trying to do, it just wasn't working out.

A lot of that yesterday I think was down to having two holding players, negating Gana as he was trying to fill in the box-to-box role that he just isn't very good at.

Good that we all see different things isn't mate, it' what makes the forum great ;)

I would actually rather us try and play some proper football than this hoof ball nonsense and win less games than we are now. That’s because I just love football. Proper football, that is.

Entertain me. I want to be entertained!!! Isn’t that what our great beautiful famous magnificent game is ALL about?!?!?!!

Me too mate, love my registas and trequartistas, my favourite player of all time is Francesco Totti followed by Javier Zanetti, can't wait to go to the San Paolo for a match, proper footy men me and you buddy x

He's not perfect, but he'll do just fine for us right now.
What is it about his performance as Everton Manager gives you the impression he isn't perfect for us? Sam himself has said he's not happy with the quality of the attacking play and thinks we are making too many mistake in possession. Improvement will come with confidence (second half last night) and coaching (he said after the Newcastle match he's only concentrated on solidifying our previously error strewn defence upto then)
He's only been handful of weeks.
What had Koeman or Martinez done in their first few weeks? Name me a manager who's had a better starting record at aclub.

Still want Dyche as the long-term solution.
Why? Other than a brief stint where he got Watford into mid table in theChampionship, and getting Burnley out of the Championship at the third time of asking, not getting relegated last season and looking quite organised this season up to now, what has he done?

For me he's taken the Flavour of the Month crown off Silva. He's put together a half reasonable side after 5 years and has made if nearly to Christmas without an injury crisis.

Sam has performed at numerous Premiership Clubs usually taking over in the most difficult of circumstances, working with the losing dross bereft of confidence that the previous manager has left him with staring certain relegation in the face. Each time he has pulled them around in 6 months, then when allowed, he's taken them the follow year comfortably into mid season safety. He has proved time after time he he can turn failing teams around and motivate them beyond their ability. Dyche has done this once, with a team he's spend 5 years asssembling, take him away from that Club, who knows when or if he could replicate that elsewhere.

I fully expect even with our terrible first few months that we will finish above Burnley with Fat Sam.

Good that we all see different things isn't mate, it' what makes the forum great ;)

Don't get me wrong, some of it has been awful, just think there's much more positive stuff to our all-round play than there was under Koeman or Unsy.

But, I equally don't think that's purely down to Sam.

As you say, what he's done is give us a solid base to work from, and that's allowed us to be a bit more expansive at times.

What I do like is that he clearly wants to see more of that, which is a positive sign, and suggests that all that is holding us back is a a lack of confidence.

I would actually rather us try and play some proper football than this hoof ball nonsense and win less games than we are now. That’s because I just love football. Proper football, that is.

Entertain me. I want to be entertained!!! Isn’t that what our great beautiful famous magnificent game is ALL about?!?!?!!
Getting results was the first agenda mate , the football will come sooner now , the players look more confident and happier !!

Erm, well no, it isn’t.

The object of the game is to win. Same as any other sport. Entertainment/fans are a byproduct.

I love sexy football as much as the next man, but I’ll take us winning ugly over a valiant defeat every time.

Go watch another team then you masochist.

Me too mate, love my registas and trequartistas, my favourite player of all time is Francesco Totti followed by Javier Zanetti, can't wait to go to the San Paolo for a match, proper footy men me and you buddy x

in the nicest way possible screw the pair of yas, I want a metal pot and I don't really care how we get it at this point

He's only been in charge for a few short weeks and has had to work with the same bunch of players, what did any of us expect? If we'd played some pretty stuff and were still mired in the bottom 6 would the Samoaners be happier than they are right now? I don't think he's the new Messiah, but get some perspective and give him at least the sort of leeway Martinez and Koeman were afforded. A few back from injury, a few transfers in and out and another dozen games thereafter and we can assess, just now he's done everything we could have hoped for and then some.

I actually think the football is better than what Koeman served up for most of his time with us. He had a purple patch end of last season when we were pounding teams at Goodison but he did have Barkley Lukaku Coleman allnin full flow with Barry and Baines a year younger too. The rest of the time though it was pretty much aimless dross with a 90 mill striker upfront.

With worse players under Allardyce we’ve seen flashes of really good football, Holgate looking to play from the back, Kenny linking up with Lennon, Rooney and Siggurdson playing through balls. It’s absolutely no coincidence that we’re getting more penalties because we’re playing in strikers or wingers behind the defence forcing them to foul.

It will be interesting to see what Allardyce can muster when he has Bolasie Coleman Barkley Funes Mori Baines back and is able to add his own players.

5 wins out of 6 games with three youth players starting every game, a reserve rb playing left back, and his best 6 first team players missing, but some people want to moan about the football?! Get a grip.

I actually think the football is better than what Koeman served up for most of his time with us. He had a purple patch end of last season when we were pounding teams at Goodison but he did have Barkley Lukaku Coleman allnin full flow with Barry and Baines a year younger too. The rest of the time though it was pretty much aimless dross with a 90 mill striker upfront.

With worse players under Allardyce we’ve seen flashes of really good football, Holgate looking to play from the back, Kenny linking up with Lennon, Rooney and Siggurdson playing through balls. It’s absolutely no coincidence that we’re getting more penalties because we’re playing in strikers or wingers behind the defence forcing them to foul.

It will be interesting to see what Allardyce can muster when he has Bolasie Coleman Barkley Funes Mori Baines back and is able to add his own players.

5 wins out of 6 games with three youth players starting every game, a reserve rb playing left back, and his best 6 first team players missing, but some people want to moan about the football?! Get a grip.

and his best 6 first team players missing

????????????????

No. Barkley yes, Coleman yes. The end. Baines is finished, McCarthy is chob, Funes Mori horrendous, Yannick not even he knows how he will come back (and the fanbase was very split on him before).... genuinely who else is there, I'm not sure.

Be interesting to see what he does once the players come back from injury and also who he goes after in the window.

Convinced once the ship had been steadied we would be seeing more expansive and attacking play and the current offensive 4 of DCL, Rooney, Gylfi and Lennon will be chopped and changed with a bit more pace and direct play added.

Status
Not open for further replies.