Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about it this is what you get when you place the emphasis on pragmatism...which is what happened when Martinez was ousted. I dont want to go into the dynamics of that issue because it's been done to death, but a lot of fans wanted the opposite to idealism and *philosophy*, and what we've seen is the catastrophic installing of two pragmatists who couldn't get a tune out of Man City never mind this lot.

The stick was bent back WAY too far in the opposite direction, and now we are not only a laughable team but one that Evertonians and neutrals alike absolutely loathe.

Now has a lower win % than Koeman, Unsworth and Martinez.

Not arsed, he should be sacked this week so we can actually build for the future. Going nowhere with this gravy-sinking buffoon in charge. End it now.

This is no surprise mate. When he took over here he had a career win ratio of 31%. Worse than ever other manager in the league. This was to be expected. As was the utterly atrocious style of play. It's been his signature throughout his career. I'm just surprised that people are surprised at what he's brought to the table

Not sure why people are blaming Sam. Half the team are overpaid and gutless and don’t give two **** about our beloved badge. Any top manager could walk into Everton and the results will not change.
He set the start 11, choose the tactics, pick the players, manage their traning, stand on the sideline and guide them.

I think he has a great influence.

B6771E69-A03E-44A5-8D42-791AD641E57F.jpeg

Not sure why people are blaming Sam. Half the team are overpaid and gutless and don’t give two **** about our beloved badge. Any top manager could walk into Everton and the results will not change.
Most of the players here performed better away from Everton than they are here.

The problem here is we have bought those players without thinking if they fit into a certain system. They are all individuals because we don't have a brand of football.

That is completely on Walsh.

If we bought players that suited a attacking style system we would score goals. If we bought players that suited a defensive style system we would defend better.

Instead we have players they don't suit each other and we have no system at all

He set the start 11, choose the tactics, pick the players, manage their traning, stand on the sideline and guide them.

I think he has a great influence.

Yes he does. But if they cannot follow simple instructions....like passing the ball and maybe shooting at the goal it’s hardly his fault. :(

Our current and perilous decline has a clearly defined starting point and culprit which is the appointment of Martinez by Kenwright. At the time ,while dissatisfaction with Moyes was rife, we had a stable team who regularly finished well within the top half and qualified for Europe. Logically and following accepted practice you appoint a manager whose teams play as close as possible to to the style of your existing players. At the worst if you want to radically change your style you select a manager who is pragmatic enough to work within the existing style and change things gradually. Regardless of his abilities, Martinez was patently the wrong manager to assume control of a Moyes side.
As a result of that disastrous decision , we now have a team that has been recruited and assembled according to the widely differing styles of 4 separate managers, it is no wonder we have a team of decent players who look like a discordant mess on the pitch.
To cap it all off we have declined to the point where we have a manager who was nowhere near as good a manager as Moyes back in the day. What a mess.
As I've said already in MoM thread , I firmly believe if we had not signed Pickford we would be firmly rooted in the relegation zone now and deservedly so , we must be the worst footballing side in the division.
I am far from convinced we will survive this season as we stand.

What worries me if he has a contract that stipulated he gets a better one if he keeps us up every etc

(n)

Status
Not open for further replies.