Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why is their ambition now?

You constantly state Moshiri is a fraud, so why should we demand ambition from a fraud?
Because the tv cash is there and will be drawn on just as it was beginning to open up under the last couple of seasons under Kenwright. Net spend went up from about 2014/15 onward.

..but Shakespeare does. The other thing to note in that interview was that he’d never had a chance to compete in the cups because he kept players back for league games. That situation is different now and he’d really like a run in the Cup. Transfer dealings (particularly in the summer) will give us an indication of the direction of travel.
I'm interested to see who he brings in (what type of player) and how much the style of football changes.

I cant see this man deviating from what he's done in the past. he keeps on talking about improving the standard of football. Time will tell.

I'm interested to see who he brings in (what type of player) and how much the style of football changes.

I cant see this man deviating from what he's done in the past. he keeps on talking about improving the standard of football. Time will tell.

He does need to put his words into action. Theres going to have to be a few ins and outs for that to happen, not sure how much of that can/will happen in January

The only penalty that was lucky was the 2nd against Swansea as the foul was half a yard outside the box.

But how many times have we deserved penalties and not been given them? I'd say our luck has definitely changed.

We were lucky to get the penalty against Crystal Palace too; Niasse was the first Premier League player to be banned for diving.

But how many times have we deserved penalties and not been given them? I'd say our luck has definitely changed.

We were lucky to get the penalty against Crystal Palace too; Niasse was the first Premier League player to be banned for diving.

Winning a deserved penalty isn’t fortuitous imo.

The match referee also said he still thought it was a pen after seeing replays after the game. It was a foul whether he fell over or not

Winning a deserved penalty isn’t fortuitous imo.

The match referee also said he still thought it was a pen after seeing replays after the game. It was a foul whether he fell over or not

And I'd say not getting a deserved penalty is unlucky. So we are not as unlucky as we used to be.

As the official verdict on Niasse's fall was that he dived, I'd say we were lucky to get the penalty.

He does need to put his words into action. Theres going to have to be a few ins and outs for that to happen, not sure how much of that can/will happen in January
It's also how he uses players to come back from injury.

It's the set up by and large. He cant hope to extend the goodwill he's earned too long in to the season playing deep and creating almost nothing.

FB_IMG_1514135302098.jpg

But every team in the league has access to the TV money, why should we have more ambition than the rest?
On top of the TV cash we have a lot of the family silver cash to also plough back in that was wasted first time around by your Dutch fraud mate. If we can get cash for Klaassen and Schneiderlin (who despite yesterday's form is an utter waste of space), and make use of the overdraft facility hammered out with the Chinese bank then we can have a bit more to spend than the also ran clubs we compete with.

Status
Not open for further replies.