Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Esk rarely gets it right. His perception of Moshiri as some kind of messiah who can do no wrong really clouds his judgement. He was certain Mosh wouldn't hire Sam, Lukaku would sign an extention and then stay anyway when he didn't, Barkley would go in summer 2017, Witsel, Mata, Gilvary and someone else were certainly joining the board in summer 2016, we'd bought BMD in summer 2016, Moshiri had the stadium model on his desk before summer 2016 and on and on. He has gotten a couple of things right but they're the exceptions not the rule.
It's noteable that there isn't one credible joirnalistic article suggesting we're in talks with Sam's replacement and Sam seems increasingly confident. "The 63-year-old signed a contract that runs until June 2019 and is privately said to have grown confident of remaining in charge due to the side's latest results."

You've forgotten his 100% Allardyce won't be appointed special.

Esk rarely gets it right. His perception of Moshiri as some kind of messiah who can do no wrong really clouds his judgement. He was certain Mosh wouldn't hire Sam, Lukaku would sign an extention and then stay anyway when he didn't, Barkley would go in summer 2017, Witsel, Mata, Gilvary and someone else were certainly joining the board in summer 2016, we'd bought BMD in summer 2016, Moshiri had the stadium model on his desk before summer 2016 and on and on. He has gotten a couple of things right but they're the exceptions not the rule.
It's noteable that there isn't one credible joirnalistic article suggesting we're in talks with Sam's replacement and Sam seems increasingly confident. "The 63-year-old signed a contract that runs until June 2019 and is privately said to have grown confident of remaining in charge due to the side's latest results."
There is no need for any articles on current talks because they already took place months ago, when there where credible journalistic articles. Whoever is next in line is already agreed, Silva most likely or maybe Fonseca .
As for Allardyce's confidence , which results I wonder ? Was it the recent scrabbled undeserved draw against 10 man Soton amid anti Allardyce chants and hostility? Concluding with a lap of appreciation to an empty stadium which Allardyce lacked the guts to take part in?
Besides , I notice at the moment Allardyce's big gob is the only one that's flapping. Elsewhere there is just an eerie but portentous silence.

The Gilvary thing was “WRD” on the other forum. I’ve already said when it comes to transfers and players he’s definitely more miss than hit. But, he’s good where it comes to managers and the board. Despite people saying he only mentioned Koeman after it became common knowledge is not true at all. He was the first on this very forum to say that Moshiri had a hard on for Koeman and he was the man. He did later say that Emery was chased and became the focus after talks with Koeman became protracted, and we have no idea if that was correct or not, but he was ultimately correct with Koeman.

He also stated very early that Moshiri wasn’t convinced with Martinez as soon as he arrived, and that he’d also be gone that summer. As it turned out he was axed a week before the end of the season, but on the very morning of the day he was gone, the Esk said today was the day and even nailed the timing stating “early afternoon”. It was around 1 pm the news broke. Good guess? Perhaps. Again let’s just wait and see if he’s correct here on Allardyce. Thankfully the end of the season is literally days away so we’ll soon know one way or the other.

I'd take 7th next season with a manager who you could see progress with. Just a bit of optimism with a long term plan that you could understand where we were heading would at least make going the game a bit more meaningful. Some football breaking out at some point wouldn't go amiss either. :)

The Gilvary thing was “WRD” on the other forum. I’ve already said when it comes to transfers and players he’s definitely more miss than hit. But, he’s good where it comes to managers and the board. Despite people saying he only mentioned Koeman after it became common knowledge is not true at all. He was the first on this very forum to say that Moshiri had a hard on for Koeman and he was the man. He did later say that Emery was chased and became the focus after talks with Koeman became protracted, and we have no idea if that was correct or not, but he was ultimately correct with Koeman.

He also stated very early that Moshiri wasn’t convinced with Martinez as soon as he arrived, and that he’d also be gone that summer. As it turned out he was axed a week before the end of the season, but on the very morning of the day he was gone, the Esk said today was the day and even nailed the timing stating “early afternoon”. It was around 1 pm the news broke. Good guess? Perhaps. Again let’s just wait and see if he’s correct here on Allardyce. Thankfully the end of the season is literally days away so we’ll soon know one way or the other.
I remember he was the first to say Koeman was Moshiri's number one target. He also had some believeing, and even betting on, Mourinho being credible. He ademantly denied Moshiri interviewed Moyes at the time. The Echo later claimed he did. He was right about RK being targeted and the rest was what people desperately wanted to hear so it was very popular.
We were def going to sack Martinez. These reassurances went on for weeks but he never specified a time. We def weren't going to rehire Moyes. Elstone out within 12 months. Dein and Gilvary on the board. The most outrageous thing I can remember is a suggestion that the new ground location could be the King's Dock implying the Echo Arena could be torn down.
The pattern continued with repeated reassurances that Lukaku would sign the extension and Mosh def wouldn't hire Sam etc. Now people want to hear Sam's gone so...
He may turn out to be right but his unshakeable optimism and faith in Mosh have thus far led to a prediction hit rate that's none too impressive unfortunately.

I'd take 7th next season with a manager who you could see progress with. Just a bit of optimism with a long term plan that you could understand where we were heading would at least make going the game a bit more meaningful. Some football breaking out at some point wouldn't go amiss either. :)

And a ciuple of decent cup runs to add a bit of spice ;)

I remember he was the first to say Koeman was Moshiri's number one target. He also had some believeing, and even betting on, Mourinho being credible. He ademantly denied Moshiri interviewed Moyes at the time. The Echo later claimed he did. He was right about RK being targeted and the rest was what people desperately wanted to hear so it was very popular.
We were def going to sack Martinez. These reassurances went on for weeks but he never specified a time. We def weren't going to rehire Moyes. Elstone out within 12 months. Dein and Gilvary on the board. The most outrageous thing I can remember is a suggestion that the new ground location could be the King's Dock implying the Echo Arena could be torn down.
The pattern continued with repeated reassurances that Lukaku would sign the extension and Mosh def wouldn't hire Sam etc. Now people want to hear Sam's gone so...
He may turn out to be right but his unshakeable optimism and faith in Mosh have thus far led to a prediction hit rate that's none too impressive unfortunately.
WRD? Mr 1,000,000%?

Status
Not open for further replies.