Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
50/50 for me. Wouldn’t be surprised at either scenario tbh. I know the Esk has become a figure of fun on here and it’s trendy to rip the urine out of him, but to be fair he’s pretty good when it comes to the board and manager side of things.

Player/signing predictions pretty woeful it has to be said. Let’s wait and see.

Esk says he's leaving, it means he's staying - that's how these things work.

Being linked with Arsene in paper we cant mention,

The interesting factor in that report is David Dein acting as intermediary between EFC and Wenger. Dein is the guy who introduced Moshiri to EFC. If he is working in the shadows for us, it can only be a good thing. Oh for a Chairman like Dein was (he is now retired)...

50/50 for me. Wouldn’t be surprised at either scenario tbh. I know the Esk has become a figure of fun on here and it’s trendy to rip the urine out of him, but to be fair he’s pretty good when it comes to the board and manager side of things.

Player/signing predictions pretty woeful it has to be said. Let’s wait and see.

We'll have to wait and see on this one.

The guy is being told in chants to go forth and multiply by away and home fans on national TV, and commentators during the final home game saying that it's "probably wise diplomatically he isn't going to come out for the lap of honour", and there are still some deluded Evertonians thinking he is staying?

He is done. Moshiri knows he'll be the next target if he keeps Allardyce on.

God i wish Sam Allardyce was staying........................................as head of our PR department, he so good at it, where we are terrible at PR

The guy is being told in chants to go forth and multiply by away and home fans on national TV, and commentators during the final home game saying that it's "probably wise diplomatically he isn't going to come out for the lap of honour", and there are still some deluded Evertonians thinking he is staying?

He is done. Moshiri knows he'll be the next target if he keeps Allardyce on.

Has a team ever gone into a new season with a manager who was subjected to chants of “F off” during the last home game of the previous one?
I seriously, seriously doubt it. I feel it’d be unprecedented, and utterly moronic.
This is what I don’t understand either. Moshiri isn’t daft and he’ll know what’s been going on for a while now. He’s listened to the fans so far and binned both Martinez and Koeman when the fans decided it was time to go, is he now gonna buck that trend and ignore us?

If Allardyce is kept on he knows full well what the reaction is going to be and that he himself, will soon be in the firing line for keeping him. Not convinced he’ll take that risk myself like.

But again, all we can do is wait and see for a week or two more.

Has a team ever gone into a new season with a manager who was subjected to chants of “F off” during the last home game of the previous one?

I seriously, seriously doubt it. I feel it’d be unprecedented, and utterly moronic.

West Ham, under Sam.

In April 2014, during an away game against West Bromwich Albion, a section of West Ham fans expressed their distaste at the style of football played under Allardyce by displaying a banner which read "Fat Sam Out, killing WHU".[164]The following month some supporters hung a banner bearing the legend "Fat Sam Out" outside the mansion owned by club chairman, David Sullivan, in Theydon Bois, Essex.[165]

Despite protests, on 20 May 2014, the club announced that Allardyce would be staying as manager and would be supported by new attacking coach Teddy Sheringham for the 2014–15 season to "ensure the team provides more entertainment" and to "improve the club's goal tally"

Allardyce left West Ham on 24 May 2015, the final day of the season, after his contract was not renewed.[172] Allardyce stated that "I didn't want to stay. I suppose you could say it was mutual if they didn't want me to stay either".[173] His West Ham side had finished 12th in the 2014–15 season, one place higher than in the 2013–14 season.[174]

He has now twice publicly appealed or bemoaned the lack of public support from the board , yet to date has not received any whatsoever.
With the end of the season days away , by his own admission, he hasn't the vaguest idea of budget or discussed his plans with Moshiri. This with a truncated transfer window.
He has taken to appearing unannounced on radio programmes to bang his drum. This man is desperate. He feels the wind blowing ,it's the wind of change and he now senses it's going to blow him away.

God i wish Sam Allardyce was staying........................................as head of our PR department, he so good at it, where we are terrible at PR

He is staying - that's why we are selling our top scorer for a second consecutive summer.

This is what I don’t understand either. Moshiri isn’t daft and he’ll know what’s been going on for a while now. He’s listened to the fans so far and binned both Martinez and Koeman when the fans decided it was time to go, is he now gonna buck that trend and ignore us?

If Allardyce is kept on he knows full well what the reaction is going to be and that he himself, will soon be in the firing line for keeping him. Not convinced he’ll take that risk myself like.

But again, all we can do is wait and see for a week or two more.
Part of me would like to see that. Bad me.

Well he’s not wavering on this one! We’ll soon see I guess.

Esk rarely gets it right. His perception of Moshiri as some kind of messiah who can do no wrong really clouds his judgement. He was certain Mosh wouldn't hire Sam, Lukaku would sign an extention and then stay anyway when he didn't, Barkley would go in summer 2017, Witsel, Mata, Gilvary and someone else were certainly joining the board in summer 2016, we'd bought BMD in summer 2016, Moshiri had the stadium model on his desk before summer 2016 and on and on. He has gotten a couple of things right but they're the exceptions not the rule.
It's noteable that there isn't one credible joirnalistic article suggesting we're in talks with Sam's replacement and Sam seems increasingly confident. "The 63-year-old signed a contract that runs until June 2019 and is privately said to have grown confident of remaining in charge due to the side's latest results."

West Ham, under Sam.

In April 2014, during an away game against West Bromwich Albion, a section of West Ham fans expressed their distaste at the style of football played under Allardyce by displaying a banner which read "Fat Sam Out, killing WHU".[164]The following month some supporters hung a banner bearing the legend "Fat Sam Out" outside the mansion owned by club chairman, David Sullivan, in Theydon Bois, Essex.[165]

Despite protests, on 20 May 2014, the club announced that Allardyce would be staying as manager and would be supported by new attacking coach Teddy Sheringham for the 2014–15 season to "ensure the team provides more entertainment" and to "improve the club's goal tally"

Allardyce left West Ham on 24 May 2015, the final day of the season, after his contract was not renewed.[172] Allardyce stated that "I didn't want to stay. I suppose you could say it was mutual if they didn't want me to stay either".[173] His West Ham side had finished 12th in the 2014–15 season, one place higher than in the 2013–14 season.[174]

Interesting that given I have been told some think Moshiri will stay silent rather than back him?

I really hope I'm wrong but it's looking more like he's staying given what certain people are saying or not saying(haven't seen a firm manager rumour since Fonseca really). I am hoping Moshiri is stealthily working on a plan to replace him as well as bringing Brands in, before sacking him, but I can't see it right now. Looks like he's leaving him in place to move the deadwood for next season. I think its a big mistake personally & I do think we need clarity moving forward.

Fear not, Bill.

I was convinced he was staying up until a day or so ago.

Them I read these comments from him.

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...dyce-unhappy-with-lack-of-support_325313.html

And I have heard his whining on talkSPORT today and I have turned a complete 180.

His goose is cooked.

Even if it is only Silva who is waiting in the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.