Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true but I think our fans need to find a balance in expectations and show some patience if/when the new manager is brought in, or we are going to come across as very deluded and similar to the likes of West Ham with their laughable 'West Ham Way'.

Allardyce needs to be replaced by a manager who can have a plan for the future, maintain some stability, but also have us going in to every game believing we can win with attractive football on display for a considerable number of games. I fear that some are going to call for Allardyce to leave, and then expect a new manager to just instantly have us challenging the top 5/6 next season, then the top 4 after that.

It's very unlikely. If Arsenal continue to decline then 6th is potentially up for grabs, but they still have some very very good players in their side including 2x £55m+ strikers.

If a new manager comes in and gets us playing well, actually tries to win away from home and against the top 6, but ends up 7th, I think most of us will accept that. We just can't afford to have a season where we go backwards like this one. I don't even mind us having a few stable seasons in 7th if the football is exciting, and we get some good moments say, finally win a derby or away at Arsenal or Chelsea. Then if that manager isn't ready to take us on, with the new Stadium drawing closer by that point we can potentially go for a manager that is out of our league at the moment.
I’ll take 7th for a couple of seasons if I see evidence of a plan
Players bought to suit that plan , tactics and formations used to suit that plan , substitutions made to enforce the plan
I want my club to be given our identity back

Status
Not open for further replies.