Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't have really asked for a better first ten days in the job really could he? Only thing to better it would have been winning yesterday.

He seems to be doing & saying all the right things. As i mentioned Thursday, we look to be building to have a very good second half of the season.

I bet their league form tails off over the next month because this madman is going to spend every waking hour obsessing about the cup tie and thirsting for revenge.

He strikes me as that kind of madman.

He has to rotate for that cup game again now, after all the “I was right to rotate” pollava if he does anything but rest players for that game it’s admitting he was wrong and he smacks of the type who hates that.

Last edited:
Got to give praise and credit to Big Sam for this draw at Anfield. He knew, just like the whole Country knew that if we went there and tried to match them with attacking, we would have got massively thumped as they are one of the highest scoring teams in Europe currently and we are still trying to repair a very damaged team across the board. It was horrible to watch from a blue perspective but we were organised and fairly solid defensively and limited their ruthless attacking force to 3 shots on target which is remarkable really. We were poor in possession and gave away the ball a lot and barely created anything but we had enough quality there that there was always a chance that we might get a chance and put it away, Smash and Grab so to speak.

Klopp got it horribly wrong. Never took it serious enough and thought it would be a walk in the park as could be seen by his team selection and substitutions. Got exactly what he deserved and made a total tit out of himself in the after match interviews. Good job done for Allardyce and the blues. Not pretty but was the only way we could have possibly got anything out of the game given the current situation. I have no doubt that we will get a lot better as players come back from injury and when the January transfer window opens.

He has made us more organised and solid at the back, unbeaten and conceded only 1 goal since he took over. Don't think any other manager could have done that so fast and effectively considering how bad we were. We were getting thrashed by even the poorest teams.

I am definitely happy with the new management team so far and i can only see us improving as we move forward.

boss result given the way we played

but we did get very lucky to be fair, one thing I will say is we defended brilliantly apart from cuco the clown ( again even Williams for the 3rd game in a row has defended well and I hate the guy ) and that's all down to Sam, he has come in and got them defending like that

99 times out 100 we lose that game though

Obviously our (fans) nerves play a part during the game as we are bricking it but once you sit down and look at it again I don’t think we were that lucky.

They had one other decent chance (Mane) was which was a clear foul on Kenny anyway. Pickford has had to clear a cross from the right & make a pretty easy catch from a free kick.

Sitting back and defending doesn’t make a result lucky

Obviously our (fans) nerves play a part during the game as we are bricking it but once you sit down and look at it again I don’t think we were that lucky.

They had one other decent chance (Mane) was which was a clear foul on Kenny anyway. Pickford has had to clear a cross from the right & make a pretty easy catch from a free kick.

Sitting back and defending doesn’t make a result lucky

ye don't get me wrong mate pickford didn't have to do much, but they should have deffo scored more than 1 with the amount of ball they had in and around our box, mane should have squared it, he also slipped when he was through once, fine margins and all that

that said fck them

Had Jose set up like that against City and got a point (And let’s be honest they were as outplayed as we were) then he would have been heralded as some sort of master tactician. We do it and its anti-football. That said Klopp’s live meltdown has taken most the headlines and probably spared us nationwide criticism.

I bet their league form tails off over the next month because this madman is going to spend every waking hour obsessing about the cup tie and thirsting for revenge.

He strikes me as that kind of madman.

He's also in for weeks of speculation about Pippi going to Barcelona, and having to rest game changing players with so many fixtures over the next month.

They don't look as formidable going forward when not playing all four of their main attacking players - and they have to play top heavy because individually and collectively they are poor defensively.

That's exactly what it was with Salah, he thought the game was won and was already thinking about West Brom Wednesday. You make that sub when you are 2/3 up with 15/20 to go.

We were awful with the ball yesterday so who knows how much we can improve next time we go there. We can be solid but we can look after the ball a lot better than yesterday and put more pressure on that back line.

If we had a Jamie Vardy type forward I think we would have won that yesterday - certainly from the point we equalised.

Our possession retention was poor, improve that, add more quality and pace up top and we'll see the rest of the season out comfortably - an FA cup win would be nice as well.

The reception he got before the West Ham game shows that the majority of the fans were willing to give him a chance, and, in less than a fortnight he's won over, to a greater or lesser extent, a lot of doubters in the fan base.

If he gets us in the top eight this season, then there'll be very few calling for his head this Summer and he'll then have the chance to show us, and the rest of the football world, if he's more than just a pragmatic firefighter.

As I've said before

As a manager, I think he's a bit underrated

Of the two of them, Dyche for me.

Mind you, I think Allardyce is underrated. When he was given time with a squad, he got them playing better ( though limited ) footie than many give him credit for. He got Bolton into Europe ffs, and had Jay Jay Okacha in his team, so he's not totally anti-football.

If Walsh rates him, he must be looking beyond the negative headlines associated with Allardyce and judging him as a coach who he believes he can work successfully with.

Big Sam wouldn't be my choice, but as I've said before in this thread, I do think he's underrated.

Mind you, it's early days.

Might sound daft using the benefit of hindsight and 'what ifs' but if we had a big unit up front used to winning balls over the top all day then we probably would've had more joy yesterday. DCL tries and succeeds at times but he just doesn't scare defenders.

Obviously that doesn't mean that's how we should approach games going forward like but it doesn't hurt to have the option when we need it.

If we had a Jamie Vardy type forward I think we would have won that yesterday - certainly from the point we equalised.

Our possession retention was poor, improve that, add more quality and pace up top and we'll see the rest of the season out comfortably - an FA cup win would be nice as well.

Yep, a bit more mobility ( we actually have that with Lookmam and Vlasic bit they are quite young ) and we'll be sound. A fit Bolasie would be sound for the 6th Jan game;)

Happy.

I've no problem with him playing a defensive game instead of getting absolutely rinsed by superior attacking opposition. I expect us to be more expansive against struggling Newcastle and Swansea. 6 points would see us in a very healthy situation considering the start to the season.

Also, echoing a lot of people's comments, it's a nice feeling to have a manager who is proud to manage the club. It really does expose how much of an arrogant bellend Koeman was.

Think what we need to improve on big style more than anything else mate is, to stop being scared to death of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.