Salomon Kalou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyboy

Player Valuation: £500k
Reportedly handing in a transfer request in January. What would his wages be like? Not one of the most high profile Chelsea players so you would like to think it could be something that we could possibly afford to manage.
Really like him as a player, clever, skilful and a bit of pace, think if we can get him on the cheap, should be no more than say 4-5 Million, it would be great business. Still young, 26 or so and will be hungry for game time, it might blow our budget but is a real x-factor type player that has the ability to influence a match which we are currently lacking at the moment.

Again wages are a problem but if we could even get a loan in January with a view to buy in the summer it could really be something that becomes a possibility. Add that with the chance of landing Drenthe on a permanent in the summer and that has our wingers sorted.
Thoughts?

Yes, currently better than what we have, so it's a no brainer if he's available. He's low in the pecking order, and as you say isn't very high profile, so its possible, if only slightly.

I'd like him but sadly can't see it happening.

I think Cena would like him here because of his 'You Can't See Me' celebration!

Just imagine Kalou on the left Drenthe on the right both with the ability to cut in on their favoured feet and take strikes from outside the box. And just in case the shot isn't on, Baines and Coleman are there on the overlap to whip in a cross. Drooling here.

Excuse me mate, but what are these "4-5 millions" you speak of?

I was speaking with specualtion. Even if we can't stump up that we could get a loan with option to buy in January I guess. Or just sell Anichebe for 20 Mill to QPR buy Kalou and give 15 mill to the bank.

I was speaking with specualtion. Even if we can't stump up that we could get a loan with option to buy in January I guess. Or just sell Anichebe for 20 Mill to QPR buy Kalou and give 15 mill to the bank.

Give this man a job.

Just imagine Kalou on the left Drenthe on the right both with the ability to cut in on their favoured feet and take strikes from outside the box. And just in case the shot isn't on, Baines and Coleman are there on the overlap to whip in a cross. Drooling here.

Stop torturing yourself mate.

It's safer.

Yeah, he'll leave London and European football for a shot at Rooney's leftovers.

Very good shout. Would love to see a deal done for kalou. Along with drenthe that would give us 2 goal scoring pacey wingers!

Won't happen like... I think any money we have will be prioritised for striker and creative central midfield first.

Personally if we could sign kalou and a foreign striker for real money and try and do a cheap loan for creative mid whilst waiting for Barkley I'd be orgasmic in jan!

Status
Not open for further replies.