2022/23 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean slate, new season and all that.

I think he's absolutely bloody awful but it looks like we are going to have to use him so here's hoping he can at least make himself a nuisance to the Villa defence and we can get others around him.

So, let's write off the full season he had to get fit last season, he's now had that plus a pre season to get himself in some form of condition and let's see if he can really help us during this period where DCL is out and we have no other options.
Up the effin' Walrus!

This is actually also the reason why some have a downer on Gray, who is a good player
I like Gray, and I like Townsend. Neither are consistently good enough though. But both, on their day, can be excellent and both have contributed a decent amount last season. (Both will get much more limited game time this season).

Rondon simply isn't good enough. And even his better games, he isn't up to pace and is still one of our worst performers.

Couldn't care less who signed them. I care about whether they perform for us in the shirt and give their all. Yes rondon was brought in as Benitez' mate, but if he had put in any half decent performances, that wouldn't have mattered to anyone.

Lampard wouldn't have him near the team, shortage of strikers or not if he didn't think he could do a job for us. Those days seem to be coming to an end. He must be impressing at Finch Farm surely.

No it isn’t the reason whatsoever, it’s because he hasn’t had a good game since December.

Few of our players did last season, hardly a stick to beat him with, his goals and assists last season are one reason we stayed up
Both of these things are true. We would have been relegated without him last season. But we are in trouble if he’s starting every game again now that we’ve lost Richy. He’s been mostly cold/bad for a while now.

Having him and Rondon starting for us is trouble, no doubt.

Honestly struggling to think of anything he did that helped us stay up personally.
Well the ball into Dom against Palace was from far out and perfect for starters.

But him and Townsend saved our bacon with their goal contributions early on. Richy started out the season badly because he was so worn down and Dom was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.