2022/23 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hate him for that stupid red against Brentford

Weirdly I don't as at least he cared enough to get sent off trying to win us the game

Some players like Ashley Williams would get themselves sent off because they didn't fancy it anymore, but Big Sal really wanted to win that game and absolutely lost his head in the quest to do so

I'm oddly proud of him in a totally warped and stupid way

Weirdly I don't as at least he cared enough to get sent off trying to win us the game

Some players like Ashley Williams would get themselves sent off because they didn't fancy it anymore, but Big Sal really wanted to win that game and absolutely lost his head in the quest to do so

You’re one of the ones who applauded RFM aren’t you Mikey?

You’re one of the ones who applauded RFM aren’t you Mikey?

Haha!

I did think of Funes Mori at the time it happened

I must admit I never liked Funes Mori because he'll always be the guy we signed instead of Van Dijk to me, but I couldn't question his effort or passion

Big Sal at least showed he gave one in that game, which is more than the fat waste that signed him ever did

See, I’d get it if he’d got redded wildly trying to tackle a Brentford centre back in their own half, not just a wild challenge near the sideline in the centre of the pitch

So available for the next game :( He is not very good and is only here because of Benitez. Not a lot going for him really

Think he starts on Saturday. Hopefully bags
Yeah I think it's nailed on that he starts. We had nothing to offer at the point of attack on Saturday. It's not like Gray is doing much out there anyway. I think it's 100% going to be Gordon - Rondon - McNeil but we shall see.

Can't wait for him to bang a header in the Holt end, receive a second yellow for taking off his shirt to reveal a Pienaar-esque under shirt saying "Rafael is great" and then muftying Gerrard on the way down the tunnel.

I actually must admit I don't mind Rondon, he's just not very good and shouldn't be relied on to start a load of games like he did last year. Decent option off the bench, always seems to work hard and seems to be well liked. I don't mind crap players that put a shift in and look like they care enough to try to win but just can't, what I can't stand is crap players that don't look arsed to be on the pitch, such as some of our (hopefully soon to be former) midfielders.

Think Rondon is a decent option if we need to throw someone on in the last 10 mins to go for it, if that's all he is for us this season after the window then he'll be a decent little part of the squad and can go off next summer with a bit of pride that he wasn't a total drain of resources like Delph, Tosun and so many more before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.