Saha's contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think the short term nature of his current contract is what has possibly help him achieve a shift in mindset. He has to play to be paid etc, he cant sit in the physio for 6 months, his carrer is in the latter stages and if he wants to get one last big move he needs to perform with us and in fairness, he is.

I actually think the short term nature of his current contract is what has possibly help him achieve a shift in mindset. He has to play to be paid etc, he cant sit in the physio for 6 months, his carrer is in the latter stages and if he wants to get one last big move he needs to perform with us and in fairness, he is.

Moyes dismissed the 'pay as you play' myth.

Weren't we offered £9 mill for him?

I think it was Besiktas who wanted him for that rumoured price, but he and Moyes said no.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Moyesy[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] has confirmed that the club refused a "big" offer from Besiktas,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]David says: "Louis is someone we had a big bid for. But he didn't want to go and we didn't want to sell. "It's great news Louis wants to stay."(09/08/09)[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Turkish Club Besiktas have expressed an interest in our record FA Cup Final goalscorer Louis Saha. Louis however has other plans and he wants to stay with Everton and repay his debt to Moyesy for taking a chance on him last Summer. The Turkish club are rumoured to be mounting a £1.7m bid for our striker. Louis still has one year left on his contract at Goodison.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Louis says: "I have not been contacted by any team. I want to repay David Moyes for taking a chance on me. Unless he decides he does not want me, I can't see myself leaving."[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](17/06/09) [/FONT]

Im sure he's on a two year deal.

Mirror says it was two years -

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...verton-I-would-pay-for-free-article38362.html

Moyes dismissed the 'pay as you play' myth.

It was the short term nature that I was getting at really. He seemed content to sit it out sometimes with Utd as he was on a long term contract, he has an urgency about him now, he seems more ready to get back into the team, rather than wait until he is 100%. Thats how I see it, albeit from afar.

I guess we will all be finding out within the next few weeks.

My own feeling is that he will stay unless he is made a ridiculous offer.

He's off to Spurs then.

Getting rid of our top goalscorer and one of the prem's top goalscorer is a stupid idea anyway.

Correct, but we might not have much say in the matter - come January he is open to arrange a pre-contract agreement with whoever he wants to and if we're still relegation fodder he probably will, with a whole host of suitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.