Saha and Cahill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many players capable of playing wing back, Phil neville not one of them, Baines is. Don't know much about Jacobson, maybe he can play R wing back?

Just food for thought really, I don't think Cahill is as important as many think. If we improve the midfield which is possible 4-5-1 wouldn't be a must. Personally I don't fancy him in a 4-4-2.

I've always thought Cahill distribution(passing) abilities was piss poor at best, only his heading is half decent...
His saving grace is when he does play in a formation that suits his game, he seems to in the right place at the right time, but even that is becoming a rare sight due to him being constantly injured...:(

Last edited:
Undoubhtedly we miss Cahill, not only this season but our form toward the end of the season wasnt the best either, we only realise what he brings to the team when hes not in it. Its not only his goal scoring threat its his tenacity as well, a defining game for me was Pompey at home last season. He defines the tone, pace and the way we play and is a leader on the pitch which is what we sadly lack at the moment.

I think we're not as is in bad nick as yesterday reseult would suggest. Pienaar has to come back too and i have great things about Obinna. I think Saha has the potential to be a truely class signing. If Castillo and Jacobson can surprise a few of us and the youngsters can continue to develop.

I would hope we can get into Europe this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.