Transfer Rumour Ryan Fraser

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he played rightback, rightwing or centre mid then for his ability I would be all for it. However, hes a left winger. While he may have played other positions as cover, he is naturally on the left, Bernard, Iwobi, Richarlison, Gordon and Gylfi are all more comfortable down the left, Walcott is our only natural right winger. Im against it purely cause its more if the same.

No no no.

How many more times will we debate players because they play good against us?

We spent £28 Million on one who literally only good games a season was against us and Liverpool.

If this is the best we can get Carlo Ancelotti there’s something seriously wrong at this club

Its a curious one I like Fraser at it goes, he was steller last season and full tilt he is a player, i like what i have seen watching him, its whether that can be sustain that in the long term, he has pace to burn that scares the lives out of teams, and he had a very good relationship with Wilson and is a direct player, which i think is the style Carlo likes, he also likes pace on one flank in my opinion given he has stuck with Theo or can play with both on the counter. What he did at Bournemouth doesn't sit well, but then they made a point of not selling him last summer, so thats the game.

Im not saying hes the best right midfield in the world, but for the player you would be getting, resale value on a free, and the depth it could add to that position in a time of cash flow issues. There are a lot of pluses to the deal.

For example if we Silva on a free, Fraser on a free, that frees up a lot of cash for say an Allan and or maybe a covering right back and we review again in a year when Theo is out of contract.

A game of balance really.

Its a curious one I like Fraser at it goes, he was steller last season and full tilt he is a player, i like what i have seen watching him, its whether that can be sustain that in the long term, he has pace to burn that scares the lives out of teams, and he had a very good relationship with Wilson and is a direct player, which i think is the style Carlo likes, he also likes pace on one flank in my opinion given he has stuck with Theo or can play with both on the counter. What he did at Bournemouth doesn't sit well, but then they made a point of not selling him last summer, so thats the game.

Im not saying hes the best right midfield in the world, but for the player you would be getting, resale value on a free, and the depth it could add to that position in a time of cash flow issues. There are a lot of pluses to the deal.

For example if we Silva on a free, Fraser on a free, that frees up a lot of cash for say an Allan and or maybe a covering right back and we review again in a year when Theo is out of contract.

A game of balance really.

He's a left midfielder tho isnt he?

If he was a right mid he'd defo be an upgrade on Theo but I dont see him being a major upgrade on Bernard

He's a left midfielder tho isnt he?

If he was a right mid he'd defo be an upgrade on Theo but I dont see him being a major upgrade on Bernard
He's right footed so I'd be willing to bet he could play on the right wing,
He's played right back too so could give us what we've missed since Seamus was at his best

I've said it from the start I think for a squad player it's perfectly fine long as it's reasonable e.g wages, Not arsed about what he did to Bournemouth he's not the first player to do dirty to his team and won't be the last, That's how the game is. I mean Walcott is our only option on the right...

He's played right back too so could give us what we've missed since Seamus was at his best

Fair enough I'm sure he could do a job in those positions

But signing someone to not play him in his preferred position seems strange to me

We could just play Richarlison on the right if we were gonna do that

Not that simple though is it. Bernard is right footed but he can't play on the right because he just doesn't have the ability to go past people on the outside, or get to the byline and cross. He has to play on the left because it allows him to come inside and find pockets of space. I haven't seen a lot of Fraser on the right so I don't know what he's like there, but I wouldn't want to just assume he'd be good there because he's right footed.

No no no.

How many more times will we debate players because they play good against us?

We spent £28 Million on one who literally only good games a season was against us and Liverpool.

If this is the best we can get Carlo Ancelotti there’s something seriously wrong at this club

We aren’t signing Fraser, regardless of what he’s supposedly said, relax

Not that simple though is it. Bernard is right footed but he can't play on the right because he just doesn't have the ability to go past people on the outside, or get to the byline and cross. He has to play on the left because it allows him to come inside and find pockets of space. I haven't seen a lot of Fraser on the right so I don't know what he's like there, but I wouldn't want to just assume he'd be good there because he's right footed.
He's rapid so can't see that being an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.