2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, players like him are ten a penny.

Here is a highly select list of players who scored more goals than Ross Barkley last season
Gareth McAuley
Junior Stanislas
Marko Aurnautavic
Joe Allen
Robert Snodgrass
Etienne Capoue

However he did do well with 8 assists, though sadly 5 behind Gylfi Sigurdsson who played for relegation threatened Swansea.

Just saying
:coffee:

It's one of those where all of a sudden he is Maradona because we don't have him any more.

5 goals last season, 8 assists, hardly earth shattering.

i imagined him in that game tonight, holding onto the ball way too long and making his pass eventually straight to the opposition, you know like he usually does.

Or carrying the ball when too often we relied on hoping one of the forwards made it stick. Not to mention the numerous opportunities he would have had on the counter... all comes down to your opinion of him as a player I suppose.

I rate him, but if he hasn't got the heart to fight for a place because the manager has offered him some constructive criticism, fine. He can go. And if it's about the money, I hope he does. If your boyhood club are offering you a ridiculous wage and you'd rather sit on some London side's bench, you're not what we need.

I have no issue with Ross wanting out, it’s all about his motivation. As much as any of us would give whatever we had to play for Everton, he’s already done it. If it was an ambition, he’s achieved it. If it was about money, then he’s clearly doing better than his friends…(I imagine) So, I don’t think he has any binding ambition to stay. In other words, living & breathing this club may not be something he needs right now.

I think it would’ve been great for a local lad to be a part of the rise of Everton but it has to suit both parties. Koeman challenged him to be the player that Koeman thought he could be & perhaps it backfired, or upset him, whatever…it didn’t work. He won’t sign the offer & is on the market. Done.

My only concern is how he leaves. Plenty here & elsewhere probably plan to boo him, just like Rooney. But Rooney’s departure gave us a shot of cash that we used wisely & got us a shot at CL football. I hope Ross does the same. I hope he doesn’t run down his contract to leave on a free, not that he cost us anything more than wages, but I hope he can leave us on a positive note. We probably don’t need the money as much as we did when Rooney left, but there’s no need to burn bridges & leave on a sour note.

I am the master of persuasion. Watch him sign.
hippo-magician.jpg

Sorry mate, couldn't find a suitable image with Hibbo on.

Status
Not open for further replies.