2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken & egg stuff this. Did Koeman cause Barkley's hissy fit or did Barkleys hissy fit end Koeman?

Was there any game where Ross, at his best, would've turned the result? (Genuine question, haven't seen much of the games this season)

Weve got a RAT called RAT BARKLEY
A RAT that goes hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Although downstairs (actually upstairs) during half time at palace amongst others games this season "we've got a diamond" was wholeheartedly sung over and over again . Seems a large core of fans would love the "rat" to return, and tbh the fella would instantly transform that dire midfield that we are subjected to week upon week. At his worst he was still ten times better than anything I've seen this season.

The best player we currently have on our books and by some distance too.
oumar-niasse.jpg

If he comes back our season will be transformed for the better.

He's that influential.

Shame on all those who took the side of that crank Koeman over a player of undoubted quality.
I didn't take the side of Koeman. But seeing a "blue" act the way he did has left me with no love for the lad. Just wait until he leaves us on a free or for minimal money, he's going to screw us over big time.

I imagine he is being prepared to be unleashed in a new BBC... Barkley, Bolasie and Coleman..... They're currently doing the shoot wearing knight crusader outfits.

yes, I do hate myself for using the BBC thing....

I didn't take the side of Koeman. But seeing a "blue" act the way he did has left me with no love for the lad. Just wait until he leaves us on a free or for minimal money, he's going to screw us over big time.

What did he do that was so wrong though, he never once came out in interviews slagging Koeman or the club off. On the Chelsea move, was he supposed to just accept it to make us happy, and make the club some cash? maybe the move didn't feel right for him, maybe he really wanted Spurs, something we'll find out in January. He's been at the club a long time so maybe he's decided he needs a fresh challenge. On the screwing us over, we could have offered him a new contract yonks ago, but Koeman said there was no rush.

At the end of the day none of us know what went on/is going on behind he scenes.

What did he do that was so wrong though, he never once came out in interviews slagging Koeman or the club off. On the Chelsea move, was he supposed to just accept it to make us happy, and make the club some cash? maybe the move didn't feel right for him, maybe he really wanted Spurs, something we'll find out in January. He's been at the club a long time so maybe he's decided he needs a fresh challenge. On the screwing us over, we could have offered him a new contract yonks ago, but Koeman said there was no rush.

At the end of the day none of us know what went on/is going on behind he scenes.

Agree with all of that. The one thing that would be unforgivable is if the failed medical was part of a January escape route. Using our facilities to get fit and then leaving for a lesser price to me is classed as screwing the club over.

I'd be doing everything possible to get him to stay but if he's adamant then I'd be telling him in no uncertain terms he leaves in May not January and is expected to contribute until then.

Chicken & egg stuff this. Did Koeman cause Barkley's hissy fit or did Barkleys hissy fit end Koeman?

Was there any game where Ross, at his best, would've turned the result? (Genuine question, haven't seen much of the games this season)

We're definitely missing Ross' ability to get us up the pitch.

That's half of the reason we're so deep, and that both Gueye and Schneiderlin look like absolute cloggers

It’s mad that he wanted to leave because of Koeman, but still hasn’t signed a contract.
The fact that the contract situation has been quiet for ages now (despite what Unsworth said weeks ago about talking to him about it) doesn't bode particularly well you would think.

We're definitely missing Ross' ability to get us up the pitch.

That's half of the reason we're so deep, and that both Gueye and Schneiderlin look like absolute cloggers
Deulofeu, Barkley, Dowell - our most gifted attacking players outside Lukaku - and Koeman pushes the first out the door, the second toward the exit and punts the last one on loan (and he advised Lukaku to leave). If they were all here now and available we'd still be capable of playing a whole different kind of game of football to the one we're forced to play.

These are the reasons I'll detest that Dutchman forever.

He not only wasted the best part of £200M on a load of tripe (a once in a generation war chest), but he also got shut of the best we had.

He's destroyed us as an organisation for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.