Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I ask is treat him as a good player and not a Pirlo or Inniesta...
@Pabbers may have high expectations of him and that is his opinion, but there are people who pull Barlkey to pieces as if he has reached these massive standings of the likes of Pirlo.
He is still our best and most productive midfielder in our squad, and has been for the last couple of seasons

I guess though for some people they want to slaughter a good player because he isn't a world beater

Tell me do you think he is a good player

I hate the stick he is getting, I don't think people are balanced with their criticism of other players, and that's not fair on Ross.

No idea if will be a great, but he is showing the same/similar productivity as other greats did t the same age, people are really struggling with this.

I hate the stick he is getting, I don't think people are balanced with their criticism of other players, and that's not fair on Ross.

No idea if will be a great, but he is showing the same/similar productivity as other greats did t the same age, people are really struggling with this.

I think you're struggling with the fact he isn't infallible and is prone to bad games and runs of form, like most players. It doesn't make you a crap blue or a traitor to admit that, despite what half this forum would tell you.

I think you're struggling with the fact he isn't infallible and is prone to bad games and runs of form, like most players. It doesn't make you a crap blue or a traitor to admit that, despite what half this forum would tell you.

I have never said that.

All players have bad form, yet 'our Blue' is destroyed for it.

I have never said that.

All players have bad form, yet 'our Blue' is destroyed for it.

He's not "destroyed" anymore than Lukaku is, just have a look in that thread at some of the comments about him. No one pretends Lukaku is playing well when he isn't. But he's not scouse so people don't get instantly jumped on for suggesting he's playing crap. Whether you like it or not, there's this massive super-defensive stance people take with Barkley and he is basically immune to criticism in some people's eyes. He has every excuse under the sun made up for him, no one else in the squad does.

He's not "destroyed" anymore than Lukaku is, just have a look in that thread at some of the comments about him. No one pretends Lukaku is playing well when he isn't. But he's not scouse so people don't get instantly jumped on for suggesting he's playing crap. Whether you like it or not, there's this massive super-defensive stance people take with Barkley and he is basically immune to criticism in some people's eyes. He has every excuse under the sun made up for him, no one else in the squad does.

Oh he is, he is booed in the ground ffs, the screams and shouts at him are a joke.

At home much much more than away.

BTW Im not a fan a bashing any player, but nobody gets it like Ross.

Or any player on any team. In fact it's the people who are constantly defending him who I think make it a big issue.

Oh he is, he is booed in the ground ffs, the screams and shouts at him are a joke.

At home much much more than away.

BTW Im not a fan a bashing any player, but nobody gets it like Ross.

Never in my life have I heard our fans singling out Barkley for 'booing', it just doesn't happen. The team get booed when they're crap, why is it only poor Ross that's being hard done to then?

Never in my life have I heard our fans singling out Barkley for 'booing', it just doesn't happen. The team get booed when they're crap, why is it only poor Ross that's being hard done to then?

You are so wrong, Ive heard it a lot, its been reported a lot....I moved my ST seat because of a bloke behind me booing Ross and screaming at him every time he doesn't score.

It definitely happens to be honest it's not just Everton though. I have fond memories of watching Liverpool in the pub getting beat and Liverpool fans giving Gerard the height of abuse.

For some reason they all called him Steven.

You mean his move to Juventus?

His demotion and subsequent transfer from the first team at Man U.as he struggled to establish himself ,he was younger than Ross but picked himself up dusted himself down and ended up being a costly mistake for them not persevering with him.

You're getting at the fact well it's not much of a demotion going to Juventus,but he still had to deal with rejection from Sir Alex and come back from that,I am sure in the same way there would be a queue of top clubs waiting in the wings for Ross if he ever fell completely out of favour, I for one would be dissapointed if that ever happens.

I, as a fan of his am prepared to give him some more time and space to develop but at the same time look at the top teams nowadays who are winning trophies consistently they are ruthless in there approach,as Utd were with Pogba, and would perhaps deal with Ross differently from how we are with one of our own.

You are so wrong, Ive heard it a lot, its been reported a lot....I moved my ST seat because of a bloke behind me booing Ross and screaming at him every time he doesn't score.

You can't use one person as an example and then say all the fans are bullying him. I've had a season ticket for 3 years and haven't known anyone to solely boo Ross and no one else, for no reason. I think you're imagining things, it simply doesn't happen.

His demotion and subsequent transfer from the first team at Man U.as he struggled to establish himself ,he was younger than Ross but picked himself up dusted himself down and ended up being a costly mistake for them not persevering with him.

You're getting at the fact well it's not much of a demotion going to Juventus,but he still had to deal with rejection from Sir Alex and come back from that,I am sure in the same way there would be a queue of top clubs waiting in the wings for Ross if he ever fell completely out of favour, I for one would be dissapointed if that ever happens.

I, as a fan of his am prepared to give him some more time and space to develop but at the same time look at the top teams nowadays who are winning trophies consistently they are ruthless in there approach,as Utd were with Pogba, and would perhaps deal with Ross differently from how we are with one of our own.
I suppose it depends how you view things as either being a demotion or an opportunity. I think Ross being moved down to U23s would be hugely detrimental to him and would surely herald his departure. As a local lad he is always going to be under more scrutiny and I believe that is because he is living our dream. He would definitely be snapped up by a host of clubs should he decide to leave and that is why we must continue to work with him to make sure he meets his potential.

I agree with your point re Pogba, he has done amazingly well since Purple Nose jettisoned him but he doesnt have the pressure that Ross does now. Pogba wasn't born and raised a United fan, he was just playing for the highest bidder and could always move on without the emotional attachment.

First half of last season Barkley was fantastic mate, towards the end of the season he just seemed to hit a brick wall, confidence looked shot, fans on his case, and his fitness was questionable (down to Martinez) but for the most part under Martinez Barkley actually was excellent.
Dunno mate I think he was just maturing and playing well in spite of Bobby not because. When form dipped and he needed structure and discipline in his game Blerto was found wanting and that's where it will hurt Ross in the long run imo.

I wouldn't argue with you
but the problem he has is that the great players you mention played in great teams. In Ross's case he may never fulfill his potential unless he moves, as sadly unless we have a massive (Moshri may invest but not sure) injection of finances quickly he will always be playing in a mid table team
I think he has something, but not sure if we will ever see it at Everton

Strange how people warmed to Straq put dismiss Barkley....just no logic to this

Status
Not open for further replies.