Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley has probably had 2/3 contracts over his whole Everton career and has honoured every one of them. He would probably see his current one out too.

How is he a Judas.

He could sign a 5 year tomorrow and Koeman may sell him after 1.

Yet somehow this is more acceptable.

Why sign a contract for a manager who doesn't want you and then you could be stuck on a bench unable to leave.
Club > players > fans

If the club was run with the emotions displayed in this thread, we would have been relegated 30 times. The last thing Barkley should do is sign a 5 year deal and trap himself in a situation he doesn't want to be in. I doubt he was even planning a move until Koeman starting coaching the team.

If the club was run with the emotions displayed in this thread, we would have been relegated 30 times. The last thing Barkley should do is sign a 5 year deal and trap himself in a situation he doesn't want to be in. I doubt he was even planning a move until Koeman starting coaching the team.

Short sighted from Ross a little though, Ronald won't be here long.

Because that's business/football.

You don't allow a £30-£50m asset to walk away, for free.

Barkley doesn't need to be vocal about a move, talk up a move or even put in a transfer request.

His situation dictates a move - and he and his representatives (same guy as Stones/Lescott) knows it.
I agree, the business aspects/ramifications of this situation do leave a slight bitter taste. Ideally he would sign a contract with a nod toward his desiring of 'moving on' (and EFC's amenability to this). That way, he gets his move and Everton preserves asset value realisation.
I recall Yarmolenko (remember that saga! lol) doing something similar with Kiev (although I'm uncertain how that panned out)

He was phenomenal then tho.

Short sighted from Ross a little though, Ronald won't be here long.
I think you have to factor in the World Cup too. He wants to enjoy his football, and he isn't happy here. Whereas Rooney fell out of love with the game at Manure, Ross is falling out of love with the game at Everton. He needs a fresh start.

This ^ makes sense, as it wouldn't be in his camps interest to release that info.

It might also explain why he's not signed the deal with us, as he patently wants more money than is on the table.

I've said from the off that he'd not get more money at Spurs than us, as they're not massive payers by PL standards.

I think he's had terrible advice throughout from his management, who does he use btw, anyone know???
The same management company as RonKo believe it or not!!

Bloody hell lads get a grip of yourselfs will you. You're grown adults.

It's just another footballer moving clubs. It's not the end of the world, no need to get so worked up.

He is doing what he thinks is best for his career, good for him. You can't be upset at the lad for that. The club is doing whats best for the clubs progression.

For the way koeman plays he has to shoehorn barkley into the squad. Creating a possition for him that doesn't fit into his style of play in order to play to his strengths and get the best out of him. Same with lukaku to a extent, we had to abandoned our pressing game to suit lukakus ability to score goals because lukaku couldn't press a doorbell.

Spurs on the other hand already have that position in their style of play. Also there will be people moving infront of him alot more and defences wont be able to double up on him as much. With the likes of kane and ali/Ericsson running about.

he wont be a starter for them but he will get games for them i would imagine he would start at least 30 games for them and make a good few substitute appearances. So he will get game time there.

Also poch is a good manager that I think could get the best out of him. He'll be like martinez was with him exsept a actually good manager.

I can't blame the lad for wanting to leave the club and further his career (in his head), whether he does or not will have to wait to be seen.

Tbh I'm just numb to it now. He's going so i stopped carring as soon as I realised it. Just want the club to get the best deal for him now, thats all I'm intrested in.
I just think he has played the situation badly, and represented himself very badly now.

His little cry over england on social media etc too... I just expected better from him.

We'll move on like we always do, for sure.

He's going to be frustrating for the spurs fans though imo, sure Poch is a great manager but if all our other managers and england managers couldn't get him to release the ball more quickly and intelligently then why would he be able to?

Status
Not open for further replies.