Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice today how their are stories surrounding him and his reps not being happy with the Spurs stories. Big fan of them being quick to squash all of them yet he and his reps are still staying silent with regards to Everton. Its clear he hasnt told the Club yet, as i said many pages ago. Massive shithouse.
Good point. The fans of the club he plays for and supports have been wondering what's going on for 5 months, to some in a younger age group he will be their absolute hero and not a peep from him, yet within 18 hours of this Spurs story he gets it out into the media that he's not demanding 150k p/w to play for them.

And to think how many of our fans have hammered our club on this issue and barely said a bad word about Ross. It's them I feel for, he's badly let them down. Almost embarrassed them.

I reckon Kenwright is pushing the new contract more mate. I like Koeman, I've mentioned a few times that I love his straight talking, just don't know what it is though that I can't put my finger on, and I couldn't tell you why, but he comes across as a bit of a shark, maybe it's that huge head with a mop of red hair on top.

Manager has final say on the playing staff with input from Walsh and other coaches etc.

I don't believe for one second he'd be happy for Kenwright to dictate who gets a new contract

I have to think that Barkley believes this to be his only chance to receive a massive pay raise. He's probably right in believing that to be true. He's 23 years old and has been left off the national team more than he's been on it.

Although, for the life of me, I can't see how riding the pine at Tottenham is going to up his chances to be selected.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that Toff, it was more of a rock solid comment Koeman made "if Ross doesn't sign by the end of the weekend then he will be sold." that's a bit more aggressive than "we may have to sell" as you say.

Also, trying to remember what game it was now, Ross actually had had a really good game, interviewer mentions to Koeman that he had had a good game, Koeman says yeah, then goes on to criticise Ross about the things he felt he didn't do right, he didn't have to do that, could have left it for the changies.

Ross hasn't come out whinging to the press etc, but he is being absolutely slated to death, as a big Ross fan maybe that's what I can't get my head around mate.

I don't think he should be slated but at the same time he hasn't respected the club's wishes by giving them any clarity on the situation.

I still hope he signs but he's messed up this summer and I really can't see what Koeman is supposed to have done wrong.

Nobody is forcing Ross not to sign... It's his call.

I have to think that Barkley believes this to be his only chance to receive a massive pay raise. He's probably right in believing that to be true. He's 23 years old and has been left off the national team more than he's been on it.

Although, for the life of me, I can't see how riding the pine at Tottenham is going to up his chances to be selected.
We apparently offered him £5m a year for 5 years. How much does he want?!

I don't think he should be slated but at the same time he hasn't respected the club's wishes by giving them any clarity on the situation.

I still hope he signs but he's messed up this summer and I really can't see what Koeman is supposed to have done wrong.

Nobody is forcing Ross not to sign... It's his call.

Totally agree with you on this Toff.

Would like this to be all over one way or the other now mate because it's all getting a tad boring now.

Quite a few saying it in his thread. I will quote this gem though

Siguurdson was not born in South Wales, nor did he grow up supporting Swansea, nor did he come through their youth academy.

So your point is rather irrelevant here mate. We're upset at a local lad jobbing us off to chase money at a club he's unlikely to see much time on the field. Siguurdson wants to join a club who are improving so he can play in Europe and hopefully win a pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.