Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he's going, go. If he's staying, stay.

I don't care how little I know about player contracts etc. It doesn't take this long to make a decision.

I've tried to convince myself that I wont mind him leaving like I (successfully) did with Luakau but I can't do it. He's got a certain something.

why? we've clearly offered him a good enough contract, if he doesn't want to play for the club he supports and won't sign, why should we look desperate and offer even more money? We're bigger than any player and i don't think any evertonian believes he's not signing because of financial reasons. He doesn't get in my starting XI for next season if we get gylfi, so he wouldn't warrant the highest wages.
Ronald is very abrasive. Tadic, a similarish player fell out with him due to his seemingly non-existant man management skills

Yes he's a boyhood blue, and he's playing for the club he loves?
But if he's not happy surely that can't be enough to make him want to stay?
(We shouldn't hate on him for that, that shouldn't question who he supports etc)

If it's not about money, I think it's excellent to see someone pick ambition or whatever over money?!

I think the hatred towards him is because no one really wants to see him go, they're just trying to accept it so it doesn't hurt as much

Ronald is very abrasive. Tadic, a similarish player fell out with him due to his seemingly non-existant man management skills

Benitez was apparently cold and abrasive too, they are employees not children type attitude and he's won a lot as a manager... I don't care if he hurt Ross' feelings by demanding more and dropping/subbing him. Man up ffs! It bothers me that him being a blue protects him in a way other players do not get... People laugh at Koeman saying about Niasse when barely in the door; 'if he wants to play football he must leave' Geri getting slated for work rate and missing a one on one. Holgate getting called out on poor crossing. McCarthy getting called out on his International fiassco. Lukaku(that's right Lukaku) getting called out on his hold up play and Koeman saying he needs to improve that...needs to improve all areas other than finishing. Cut out this wrapping Barkley in cotton wool, that's Roberto Martinez style

Odd this, by no means do I think Barkley is a bad player, but I'm not at all bothered by the prospect of him leaving

Some are gutted, it seems, but he's never produced enough for me to feel like we are losing a star and in all honesty I think that if he had stayed this season, he'd have been a squad player anyway

When he first broke through I thought he would be the latest great player to come through our academy and the next player to pin our hopes on. In the current climate I don't think we're actually going to miss him too much at all

Shame, I'd have liked him to really succeed here but he hasn't and he now doesn't want to stay either

What strikes me as odd in all of this is that he wants CL football but the manager of our team who also wants CL football isn't totally convinced he's good enough anyway.

If he forces his way into the Spurs team and makes everyone eat their words, there'll be plenty of backtracking, but I don't see it happening.

Personally think he's making a poor move bit it's his decision to make. Unlike Rom, though, I don't think he'll be particularly difficult to replace

With all respect mate.What part of the transfer window only opened 17 days ago do you not get ? YOU CAN USE THIS ARGUMENT on the 1st of September.We HAVEN'T FINISHED SPENDING. So until then , pipe down.
No its a forum of opinions we had the 2nd highest scorer last season yet could only muster 4 away wins thats my debate do not tell me to shut up -OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.