Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a bit at odds with what I remember mate.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...nor-fish-puns-ffs.70941/page-673#post-3321239

Anyway, would you say you have a slight obsession against Barkley which may taint your view somewhat? Honest question.

Yeah thought it was a lot at the time and didn't want to spend our whole budget on him ... and I did like lukaku ... was wrong about it being the biggest fee he'd fetch in his career...then again I didnt realise that RB would be going for 50m..

And back then we were absolutely skint... so signing these type of player was literally the only way of us making money....

That strategy is basically the same as buying gana and Sandro.... we should be all over players that have release clauses or are leaving via a tribunal ... difference is now we actually have money to invest.

Yeah thought it was a lot at the time and didn't want to spend our whole budget on him ... and I did like lukaku ... was wrong about it being the biggest fee he'd fetch in his career...then again I didnt realise that RB would be going for 50m..
Nearly three times what we paid for him mate, just three years later. Surprised here too to be honest but with that in mind do you reckon you could be calling Barkley wrong too?

Nearly three times what we paid for him mate, just three years later. Surprised here too to be honest but with that in mind do you reckon you could be calling Barkley wrong too?

Every player will be able to be sold for more money next year than this year. Everyone except ross.... and it's not his value that I don't see improving ... it's the player .. I just don't think he's that good. He's not the worst player in the league , he's actually one of the most naturally and physically gifted he can do things that most can't.... he also can't do the basic things that most can.

Every player will be able to be sold for more money next year than this year. Everyone except ross.... and it's not his value that I don't see improving ... it's the player .. I just don't think he's that good. He's not the worst player in the league , he's actually one of the most naturally and physically gifted he can do things that most can't.... he also can't do the basic things that most can.
Would you say that sentences like "he also can't do the basic things that most can" is a little hysterical in terms of point of view when talking about Ross Barkley mate? If we're being balanced. Also would you say you have a slight obsession with Rossiter Barkley?

We need to keep him even if it means he runs down the contract, he will sign a new one before it runs out. Do one Spurs you gang of thieves, they shafted us over Pinaar and will do the same with Ross. They are playing the same game United have done to us by taking our best players to weaken us.

We need to keep him even if it means he runs down the contract, he will sign a new one before it runs out. Do one Spurs you gang of thieves, they shafted us over Pinaar and will do the same with Ross. They are playing the same game United have done to us by taking our best players to weaken us.

Hmm depends on the offer from Spurs tbh

Do you know Ross and what he's thinking mate?

I do

giphy.gif

Hmm depends on the offer from Spurs tbh

Not really a step up Spurs. I can understand Lukaku going to Utd. Spurs have shown already they are having to sell to strengthen the squad. If he ends up there it will speak volumes about his character and his reputation and confirm his plateauing footballing ability's.

Would you say that sentences like "he also can't do the basic things that most can" is a little hysterical in terms of point of view when talking about Ross Barkley mate? If we're being balanced. Also would you say you have a slight obsession with Rossiter Barkley?

Not really mate.. he can do things that can't be coached ... his problem is he can't be coached to get rid of the basic flaws in his game ... most prem players can be improved with coaching ... ross has been described as uncoachable has he not?

Status
Not open for further replies.