Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd only be concerned if Martinez is concerned.

Its times like this you got to trust the manager and that he's establishing the strength in numbers of the squad

With quality too.

Its a squad game for Everton this season

Barkley was never going to play all the games anyway

MoyesBarkley_zps673dfb43.jpg

To be fair if that clot Hodgson plays him in all the England games too

It was always going to do him in at some point.

Don't care about the England team or inept Hodgson. Just Everton.

Him not playing in pointless england games may be a good thing

Prefer this at start of season then December...Naismith to cover and let's be honest he did alright last year there

why? we have arsenal, chelsea an away derby which we have a massive chance of winning and possibly man united in this time - it's a terrible time.december teams rotate and lose freak results anyway

Well that's put a proper downer on the start of the season. We need an attacking midfielder who can play through balls, have done for years, but there's not a chance we'll be looking to buy one to soften the blow.

To be fair, he hasn't exactly been world class in pre season. It might be a blessing in disguise, he has a lot of pressure on him from the media/fans etc, and hasn't had a massive summer break. It might do him good to be brought in slowly after he's healed. Still, Osman....

Dont agree Im afraid. Nobody's excelled pre-season. Hes been through enough injury wise.....that terrible leg break another freak training ground injury...was bad enough. Hes an unlucky lad and I hope hes back fit sooner than they surmise.

It's horrible time. If we don't get off to a good start it could effectively end our season before it's begun.

I'm not being all doom and gloom because I think Besic can come in and do a job there although more in a 3 in midfield.

Since when were we a one man team?

We'll be sound.

First game of the season against a newly promoted team away from home, they will be incredibly pumped up for this. Possibly no Coleman, Barkley, Lukaku and Mirallas for the opener, not looking good at all mate. I'll actually be surprised if we beat them.

First game of the season against a newly promoted team away from home, they will be incredibly pumped up for this. Possibly no Coleman, Barkley, Lukaku and Mirallas for the opener, not looking good at all mate. I'll actually be surprised if we beat them.
Have some faith in our team.

Everton aren't we?

Well that's put a proper downer on the start of the season. We need an attacking midfielder who can play through balls, have done for years, but there's not a chance we'll be looking to buy one to soften the blow.

Its only a proper downer if we let it be a proper downer.

If Atsu Lukaku and the boys perform in the next two months we'll be welcoming Barkley back when we're on the up going up.

No doubt Mirallas and Lukaku will be available.

Just because they've prepared behind closed doors doesn't mean they're not available

Status
Not open for further replies.