Rooney testimonial August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some ManU fans dont like that this is against Everton. Another indication that he has always been blue.
These the same fellas who sing all the classics like "we hate the scousers", "feed the scousers"...."sign on sign on"... "build a bonfire" and round it off with a big chorus of Rooney, Rooney, Rooney.
Yeah don't listen to them mate :)

Nice of him to say he'll return once his career is over.

Wouldn't have him anywhere near our club. If it was up to me the lad would be banned from entering Goodison as a spectator.

He left us when we finished 17th, knowing he was our best player.

A lot of people had us down for relegation that year. How can any true Evertonian leave the club in that position with the thought of relegation?

Then he kissed the badge, etc.

And anyway, why doesn't he just donate a week or a month of his 300k a week wages?
Why's he got to invite is over there to pay for it?
Boycott and donate a fiver to each charity.

As for the game itaelf, these are shiite we can beat these.

Nice of him to say he'll return once his career is over.

Wouldn't have him anywhere near our club. If it was up to me the lad would be banned from entering Goodison as a spectator.

He left us when we finished 17th, knowing he was our best player.

A lot of people had us down for relegation that year. How can any true Evertonian leave the club in that position with the thought of relegation?

Then he kissed the badge, etc.

Also had a bigger financial package on the table from Newcastle. Chose united for footballing reasons, if he wanted the money he would of ran to Newcastle. Don't believe for a single second that Everton done all they could to keep him, they seen the £30m package and took it.
Plus at the age of 18 he had agents and reps from various parties saying he should leave. Everton needed the money and we took it.
Since then we bought Lescott, Baines, Jagielka, Arteta, Pienaar and Cahill. Cracking business if you ask me.

BTW the Newcastle story came from two different members of Rooney's family, later confirmed by the press (for what its worth).
I do agree however that if Rooney doesn't come back within two years then he can swerve it altogether.

Since then we bought Lescott, Baines, Jagielka, Arteta, Pienaar and Cahill. Cracking business if you ask me.

Lad you can't just name half a dozen good players we've had in the twelve years since Rooney left and say it was cracking business.

Of those you've listed only Arteta was bought with Rooney money. Cahill had already signed when Rooney left and the rest came years later.

The players we got with Rooney funds were Arteta, James Beattie, Simon Davies, Phil Neville, Nuno Valente, and Andy Van Der Meyde. Arteta was great and Nuno serviceable but the dough was almost completely wasted.

Lad you can't just name half a dozen good players we've had in the twelve years since Rooney left and say it was cracking business.

Of those you've listed only Arteta was bought with Rooney money. Cahill had already signed when Rooney left and the rest came years later.

The players we got with Rooney funds were Arteta, James Beattie, Simon Davies, Phil Neville, Nuno Valente, and Andy Van Der Meyde. Arteta was great and Nuno serviceable but the dough was almost completely wasted.

Its not about the money directly being used to buy players X,Y,Z. Its about the way we conducted business, of course we must take into consideration that the payments were staggered over three years I believe.
My point was that when we sold Rooney for £25-£30m we bought small again and sold big, see Lescott as the next example after Rooney.
We bought in players to fit into a team, Rooney was one man, talented as he was he couldn't do everything almost single handed.

I think if we take away the blue tinted specs, how many of us done stupid things at the age of 18 when egged on by our friends and such ?
I also use the term 'stupid thing' loosely, his profile, his trophy cabinet and his sponsorship bank balance state he made a smart move.
As for the badge kissing thing, it was heat of the moment to get back at those who abused him over the years, lets be honest I would be prone to say/do something stupid in order to bite back at the mob who made things personal.
Wayne Rooney was in danger of becoming bigger than the club at that time. How many of us now think of Messi when Barcelona was mentioned, how many think of Ronaldo when Madrid are mentioned or Totti at Roma ? Sometimes a clubs identity gets lost within one players ego/image, I would hate for one club to be based on one player, its a team game both on and off the pitch, Rooney was Everton's only asset and we cashed in on it to better the team. Just my opinion for what little its worth.

Exactly. When he's old, fat, and bald, all the medals in the world won't make up for the fact he broke Blues hearts at the time when we needed him the most. I hope it haunts him to the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.