Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman...good choice for us?

• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that Koeman has a claim to being better than Pochettino?

At Spurs
A Villas Boas 72 points
Tim Sherwood 69 points
Pochettino 64 points
Pochettino 70 points

At Southampton
Pochettino 56 points
Koeman 60 points
Koeman 63 points

Koeman had to contend with Shaw, Lovren, Chambers, Lallana and Lambert leaving while integrating Forster, Bertrand, Tadic, Pelle, Long,and Mane into the team. Jay Rodgriguez also broke his leg or something an missed the full season...he scored 15 PL goals the year before. To actually improve on the points total set by Pochettino while dealing with all that is remarkable.

People talk about Poch being some sort of amazing manager who should get the United job or Madrid job but Koeman has done better than him for me.

Some people seem to be underwhelmed. To be honest im excited. Excited at the prospect of a new beginning and as a personality as a player and manager this is a huge upgrade on journeyman player and championship play off defeat manger David Moyes and journeyman player and relegated FA Cup winning manager Roberto Phenomenal Martinez. I would consider Koemans time in charge of Ajax and PSV as a success. He did what was asked of him at those clubs. He won the Eredevise twice at Ajax. The league and cup double in 2002 and another league title in 2004. He won another league title as manager at PSV. Benfica did finish third behind their main rivals Sporting Lisbon and Porto when he was there but they did reach the champions league quarter finals. That Benfica team ended Liverpools reign as champions and Barcelona the eventual winners knocked them out. There's no disgrace in that. His time at Valencia didn't work out but they did win their first Copa Del Rey since 1999 when he was there. There was that disastrous spell at AZ Alkemar but he put in a few decent seasons at Feyenoord after that before going to Southampton. People play down what he did at Southampton saying it was a Moyes like job. Getting Southampton to 7th and 6th place was a fine achievement. They were three points short of a champions league place this year as well. Koeman was also part of the dutch backroom team at the 1998 world cup when they lost to Brazil in the semi final on penalties. He was also an assistant manager at Barcelona. His footballing career unlike Moyes (apart from his time as a player at Celtic) and Martinez when they came to us has taken in some of Europes biggest clubs.

To be fair his time at benfica was a disaster as well. Rumpurs of dressing room unrest and also they thought he was a weird lunatic over there.

Finished 3rd in a 3 team league sandwiching title wins.

Think as a player the lad was a Dutch legend, but i think as a manager he,s got the personality of Van Gal and that does not bode well with players and fans..

Regardless of that, i,m throwing my total support behind whoever gets the job to take us forward.

So it seems that the Southampton fans rate pochettino better but Koeman down a better job over all regarding points and taking them to Europe plus had to rebuild his team when Southampton were raised by the rs.

Status
Not open for further replies.