Homepage Update: Ronald Koeman Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to happen and probably should have happened after the Bournemouth game in my opinion - we might have had a better shout of staying in Europe if we'd acted sooner, but relative to the Martinez debacle we've moved fairly swiftly I guess

Unsworth would be fine as a temporary measure (unless he smashes it, in which case consider him full time)

Think we need to think very carefully about who we appoint now. A decision needs to be taken by Walsh and the board about how we want to play as a team. We then need to appoint a coach who plays that way - the whole point of a DoF model is to minimise the disruption that changing manager/head coach makes when necessary

One of the biggest issues with Koeman was that we never seemed to have an identity - let's make a decision about what that identity should be and make an appointment accordingly (and plan transfer activity around it), ripping it up and starting again every time we change manager isn't the way to make this model work.

I think we will win all of our remaining European group games if Unsworth takes the reigns...

Liked his no bullshit attitude in the beginning, still like his persona, but it was about time to go. Tuchel is a superb coach when it comes to tactical finesse and flexibility in style but has a terrible reputation with treating players as people. I mean Dortmund's captain Marcel Schmelzer couldn't get himself to back Tuchel the very evening they won the cup. And what does it tell you about a coach's personality when he gets sacked for ending up 3rd in the league and winning the cup?

IMG_1874.JPG

has to be unsworth interim and if he can sustain success, give him the job.

very tempted to go for tuchel, decent pedigre and it's time to embrace fast and furious German attacking Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.