Homepage Update: Ronald Koeman Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say he is.

IMO Ronald’s ego and disdain for ordinary mortals got in his way......can’t see Dyche being guilty of those sins.

That is not to say I want big Sean, mind you.

No way.

Just that I think he would be an improvement on Koeman :)

Those are exactly the Sean Dyche sins, though. If he got this job it would be because of Sean Dyche, the way that Sean Dyche teams play football and what Sean Dyche has done in his managerial career at Burnley. It is a fundamentally weak position for him to start with.

He wouldn't have a record of actual achievement (ie: trophies) to fall back on, hasn't invented a tactical style or innovated massively and he doesn't have a history with us, so he couldn't use anything to win arguments in a bad patch with except that he is Sean Dyche and he is the Everton manager. The temptation would be in a crisis for Sean Dyche to turn the Sean Dyche up a notch - which is what got him the job in the first place - rather than have the confidence to try something new or to admit his mistakes.

Funny you should say that though C, because take a look where we are right now. We're a bottom 3 team with half a squad of players. What exactly is the man we need? Because I don't think it's Ancelotti in this scenario.

We need a motivator Mike, a man to inspire a squad. I like Dyche but I doubt he can do that.

Think Moyes going to United.

Funny you should say that though C, because take a look where we are right now. We're a bottom 3 team with half a squad of players. What exactly is the man we need? Because I don't think it's Ancelotti in this scenario.

Sorry but its hard to agree with anyone who wouldn't have Ancelotti here, in any scenario (short of us having won back to back Champions Leagues). He is a fantastic coach and if there is any chance of getting him at all we should grab it with all the hands available.

Well, when you put it like that Mike, there is only one man for the job.

Fat Sam......come on down, my son :pint2:

I think he's completely different to Moyes, his side don't look like bottlers at all. Plus, we are hardly even better than Burnley at the minute, if at all.

I see his sides but I just see us, circa-Moyes. They're playing some really good stuff but I'd be concerned if Burnley is his level, his glass ceiling yenno.

Sorry but its hard to agree with anyone who wouldn't have Ancelotti here, in any scenario (short of us having won back to back Champions Leagues). He is a fantastic coach and if there is any chance of getting him at all we should grab it with all the hands available.

Has Ancelotti ever worked with players as bad as some of the ones we've got here? I think our fans need a massive reality check as to where we are at this moment in time.

I see his sides but I just see us, circa-Moyes. They're playing some really good stuff but I'd be concerned if Burnley is his level, his glass ceiling yenno.

I just think he'd be much more likely to get a tune out of our squad of dull no marks than most others we could realistically get. I'm not advocating for getting him in by the way, I just think it's delusional to write it off thinking we have a right to be after a manager of the calibre of Ancelotti when we're battling relegation.

would much rather dyche than some unproven euro manager who would probably take us down.

dyche know the prem and knows how to set a team up to get points. that will do me. (for now)

if we lose our next 3 league games, we are in a real relegation battle

I just think he'd be much more likely to get a tune out of our squad of dull no marks than most others we could realistically get. I'm not advocating for getting him in by the way, I just think it's delusional to write it off thinking we have a right to be after a manager of the calibre of Ancelotti when we're battling relegation.

Ancelotti is a pure pipe dream.

I wouldn't have a problem with Dyche to be honest - I just don't see him walking away from Burnley to take on the utter mess we are currently in.

Status
Not open for further replies.