Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see us giving Koeman that pay off unless things reach as bad levels as it did in the last few months of Martinez and it won't get that bad because Koeman knows how to drag out results against the poor sides when we're playing badly in a way Martinez doesn't. Even if we did want to sack him, who realistically could we get right now who's good enough?
I honestly don't know.

He's a well paid manager and has been backed heavily in the transfer market. He has to improve this.

Also, he has only got one and a half years left to run on his deal.

4 games in. 4 games in. 4 games in.
If during any of those games, had we played some good football for even 5 minutes I'd be like yeah ok I can see it.

But we haven't. We've looked turgid in every single game since pre season and the only thing that has changed is the excuse.

'It's only pre season'
'The players aren't fit'
'They need time to gel'

lollol

Let down by the board's failure to land a proper target man and left sided defender.

Letting himself down by stubborn refusal play DCL from the start, any form of a proper wideman, Davies was a key player last season and can barely get a kick and then we come to Martina.

This summer was always going to be the rebuild, and it was always going to take time for the squad to gel, however he's definitely not extracting anywhere near the maximum from this group of players.

We might have been able to scrape through the opening few weeks of the season with a few wins if the opposition had been relegation fodder, but to leave him facing these fixtures without an experienced no9 is hanging him out to dry.

The window is done now, Koeman is stuck with the squad he's got. It's on him now to get the maximum out of the players available and find a way of playing and a way of winning.

Got it wrong when City went down to 10 men
Got it wrong against Chelsea
Got it wrong against Spurs

UTD is next against arguably the best manager in the game, what are the odds he's going to get it wrong again ?

There hasn't been a game yet this season where we've looked comfortable and solid, the only good thing is we'll have played 4 of the top 6 by next weekend

If during any of those games, had we played some good football for even 5 minutes I'd be like yeah ok I can see it.

But we haven't. We've looked turgid in every single game since pre season and the only thing that has changed is the excuse.

'It's only pre season'
'The players aren't fit'
'They need time to gel'

lollol

We're not a top 6 team. We'll have bad spells in every season, this is one we're going through now.

I can't think of many sides who have brought in as many players as we have this summer and hit the ground running. It'll take time to sort this out. It was always going to.

No we actually haven't, which is a concern. He was never my first choice but he won me over a bit. I just think he's an utterly bland no mark manager.

If he hadn't had the playing career that he did then he'd be nowhere near getting the jobs he's had.

He won me over initially as such a contrast to Martinez (tough taskmaster type).

Unfortunately, he's gash, and the inevitable slight upturn of form when we start to play even gasher teams won't change that.

I've never been a big fan of Koeman but he deserves more time.

This.

I'd happily see him sacked today because I personally dont like him or expect him to do much, but I'd accept the club giving him the 3 seasons he is contracted for to see what he can do.

I dont however have faith that our club would have the balls to sack and go a different route if he gives three 7th place finishes and no cups. I think theyd give him an extension.

We're not a top 6 team. We'll have bad spells in every season, this is one we're going through now.

I can't think of many sides who have brought in as many players as we have this summer and hit the ground running. It'll take time to sort this out. It was always going to.
Hence me saying we aren't nailed on for 7th, mate.

We can't cope with as many games we will need to play, let alone just the premier league ones.

Everyone needs to get off the entitled everton 7th place trophy high horse, because it's going to be a massive struggle and I barely see us scoring 1 goal per game this season on average.

Lookman and Holgate not playing

Sandro, Martina chosen. What a joke

Sigurdsson is a waste of 45 million but he is at least a statue which we can look at

Koeman on Spurs formation after game :

"I think we had real problems with the diamond in their midfield. They found easily the free player in the midfield. We didn’t know they would change the way they did in the midfield. It’s really difficult to change that."

Sorry Koeman - Thats not an excuse. If you see it, its up to you to change their play with your subs. 2 HT subs , made 0 difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.