Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs played us off the park. Worst part is, half time changes had no impact, because it didnt solve the problem at hand. They were so comfortable they rested Eriksen & Kane for their midweek game.

Awful team set up & awful subs to affect the game.

I think he will find himself on thin ice quite quickly if results and indeed the general entertainment level does not improve quickly.

I like Marco Silva at Watford. He did great at Hull too with a dreadful side.

Yes a centre back but even with say giroud just don't see how with the other players on the pitch how he would have made a difference

There are very few clubs in the world who give their manager a blank cheque. We aren't City or PSG. He's working within a budget, and it's a fairly decent one. Perhaps not good enough to get us top 4 but he's the one who's chosen to spend the money on too many similar players. Did he have to get both Sigurdsson and Klaasen? When you only a finite amount of resources you have to choose carefully where you prioritise.

Now, if he was promised that money was no issue and he'd get everything his heart desired then he has reason to complain. But from where I see it, regardless of having to sell to buy, he's had enough funds to cover our weak areas

Mid table players though. Which member of our squad would get into the starting XI of any side in the top 6?

Players he's bought though.

The weird thing is, even on paper, to a bunch of amateurs like us, the personnel we have look slow, one dimensional, boring, toothless. Performances (not results - but performances) like the last few are what some of us were scared of all along. Why didn't the professionals in charge of the club predict that this is where we were heading and do something about it?

I don't see us giving Koeman that pay off unless things reach as bad levels as it did in the last few months of Martinez and it won't get that bad because Koeman knows how to drag out results against the poor sides when we're playing badly in a way Martinez doesn't. Even if we did want to sack him, who realistically could we get right now who's good enough?

Marco Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.