Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't have many complaints today. We started slowly but grew into it and I think we were the better team for the majority of the game. Payet puts in a great cross, so we did well the keep a clean sheet considering how many free kicks and corners they had in crossing positions.

Can see we're starting to press more now too, we don't look entirely comfortable doing it but it's getting there.

Continuing his solid start

Something still not right by a long way. Difficult to describe but our play is too static even with the likes of Bolaisse, Lukaku and Gueye.
Far too many other players do not seem athletic enough. We pass then stop then turn then pass by which time the opposition have recovered back. We don't glide across the ground we stutter. Not enough players getting ahead of Lukaku often enough. We managed it a few times late on today when Gueye and even Barkley got ahead of him but by that time West Ham were gone.

Barry was alright today but i think if we had a playmaker or box to box player next to Gana we would be better...

If you look back, i did say that these players should come in and be developed...starting from the bench etc.

Just as an example, we could sign a u21 forward or winger and they could be brought in gradually...

Well, we signed 19-year-old Calvert Lewin, who was on the bench today. 20-year-old Mason Holgate has been in every matchday squad for every game this season.

Well, we signed 19-year-old Calvert Lewin, who was on the bench today. 20-year-old Mason Holgate has been in every matchday squad for every game this season.

Sure, but these are players who have been bought for low fees.

I'm talking about the moves for £10mil+ players to come in...if we did have money to spend then i think we should have moved for a Mousss Dembele (celtic free) or Breel Embolo (Schalke €20mil)...to be developed and come off the bench for Lukaku gradually.

I think the first 11 is 'ok' but there needs to be 2 u21 players of high calibre signed each summer to come onto the bench and push out the non-u21s who we have there now and who arent good enough...

Sure, but these are players who have been bought for low fees.

I'm talking about the moves for £10mil+ players to come in...if we did have money to spend then i think we should have moved for a Mousss Dembele (celtic free) or Breel Embolo (Schalke €20mil)...to be developed and come off the bench for Lukaku gradually.

I think the first 11 is 'ok' but there needs to be 2 u21 players of high calibre signed each summer to come onto the bench and push out the non-u21s who we have there now and who arent good enough...

But Dembele went to Celtic as he wanted guaranteed first-team football. Embolo hasn't set the world alight at Schalke and is now out for the season.

I get the point, but Lukaku himself is only 23... We haven't got an old squad, and this obsession with youth is so strange.

If they're good enough, they'd play. I'd rather have an experienced goal-scorer as back-up (not that we have one of those at the moment) and a youngster like Calvert-Lewin as third-choice, given where we are at the moment.

Just hope people don't go into meltdown when we inevitabley lose next week.

Getting us to where we want to be is going to take time and more investment. So far largely so good

Exactly, we're very much a work in process and we're going to have to be patient as a fan base

At least we went 2-0 up at home to West Ham this season and didn't throw it away, so there's been noticeable improvements on last season already. Still a lot of season to go though

But Dembele went to Celtic as he wanted guaranteed first-team football. Embolo hasn't set the world alight at Schalke and is now out for the season.

I get the point, but Lukaku himself is only 23... We haven't got an old squad, and this obsession with youth is so strange.

If they're good enough, they'd play. I'd rather have an experienced goal-scorer as back-up (not that we have one of those at the moment) and a youngster like Calvert-Lewin as third-choice, given where we are at the moment.

Embolos injury is brutal...hopefully he comes back the same player...

Personally i agree about the experienced forward, ive said on here that we should sign / have signed Defoe...but bar him i cant think of any experienced players who we should bring in / have brought in...

If we had a Rashford, high energy James Vaughan type with quality and not made of plasterine then that would be ideal.

I also thought we should have gone for a Tielemans or Neves in the summer to bring them through as a gradual Barry replacement.

The concern is that if Jags/Baines/Barry/Lukaku arent here next season then we dont have real options as immediate replacements other than Holgate/Galloway who arent playing...

I think it's testament to him and staff that we have got sixth and no one is really surprised , most feel it's about right.

If it was Martinez or Moyes in charge it would be classed as great. But with Ronald it's just solid.

Great appointment

Are you happy with the results or the league table?

Personally id have expected better results and more points on the board before we play more of the the top sides.

If he keeps the league position then great but id rather have Palace and Burnley wins...

Status
Not open for further replies.