Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Collins there, the prime example of the kind of people we need to keep well away from the club. The fact that this bloke actually represented Everton on the pitch at one point in time is shocking..

On the flipside, Andy Gray has gone up in my estimations for putting him in his place.

For me his most baffling decision was to name Sam Byrne in the 25 man PL squad and leave Garbutt out. Whether Garbutt is good enough isn't the question he would have provided like for like cover for Baines instead of playing people out of position, this decision made worse by the fact that the 2 players who could have come in as youngsters were both loaned out. Sam Byrne can't even get on the bench for the u23's unless players are away in international duty so he is just a waste being in the squad. In the European squad you have to name 4 club trained players we are only using 2 of these slots Garbutt meets the criteria surely you would name him as otherwise the places are going to waste.

It's funny reading the comments on BBC Sport. All of them lambasting the BBC for another article about this future... yet non of them from Evertonians who actually see what's going on. They just think it's another witch hunt.

Good job all the press reads these boards to gauge the feeling amongst the fans.

By the way that's a Koeman out for all those reading.

So he is here for Chelsea then?

Is it not getting a bit silly? I mean if/when we do go out this week it's not like it will be unexpected that we do. No-one will be surprised to see us get beat or even routed again. Yet to stick with the manager knowing this, it's amazing.

I almost get the feeling the board will be hanging into a result they know is coming. It's ok we lose to Chelsea or arsenal as long as we get a point at Leicester? Waiting to stop the rot except both bournemouth and Brighton should have been defeats but for unpredictable fsctors.

I would say the contract situation with Moyes at United was vastly different to what Koeman has here.

Moyes would have crawled to OT on his hands and knees and signed the contract with his own blood, agreeing to just about owt they insisted on writing into it.

Koeman, on the other hand, was only persuaded to come here at the end of a protracted saga which ended up with all kinds of ridiculous money being chucked at him and at Saints to release him from his contract there.

Moshiri became obsessed with the notion of “four elite managers in the north west”.

Even when Ronald deigned to accept the job, he couldn't be arsed breaking off from his holiday to come and sign up in a fanfare of trumpets.

In those circumstances, I would be willing to bet Koeman as good as wrote his own contract and that he has a full pay out in the event of dismissal at the very heart of it.
It had completely escaped my memory. I remember now he was in Turkey and couldn't be bothered to sign up straight away. Unfortunately I suspect most of what you wrote is true.

And after looking at him laughing it up in Manchester as shown in the Daily Mirror, my urge to get a burning torch and round him up with a mob is starting to stir.

We don't want a pumpkinhead in charge for Halloween.

Booo.

John Collins there, the prime example of the kind of people we need to keep well away from the club. The fact that this bloke actually represented Everton on the pitch at one point in time is shocking..

On the flipside, Andy Gray has gone up in my estimations for putting him in his place.

Collins is an utter bell. Know people that have met him down the years and he is by all accounts a horrible, arrogant clown. Andy Gray for me is still someone that I enjoy listening to, even if he's a misogynist. I'd happily see him back on Sky rather than Souness and Redknapp.

He'll be given the next couple games, nailed on.

Yes, I always felt that the Arsenal and Chelsea games were a free pass for him.....”expected losses” and all that.

The games against Leicester and Watford though.....that has to be the line in the sand for EFC.

As things stand right now I find victory in either of those games totally unimaginable.

Watford leads us into an international break and if results go the way I fear and the club does not act at that point then IMO the prospect of playing in the Championship next season stops looking like an ominous but distant threat and becomes a distinct possibility.

Moshiri is looking like a man playing his fiddle as Koeman sets a torch to Rome.

Collins does come across as an absolute stroker there. He would have fitted in well with our performance yesterday, he was just as gutless when he played for us.

Nothing would give me pleasure to see Koeman turn it round against Chelsea, all the players to click and go on a run but he had that opportunity against Sunderland, Bournemouth, Limassol and Burnley but he blew it.

With big cup games coming which could make or break a good season to total disaster.

Pulling the trigger now could boost the squad short term get us wins against Chelsea or Lyon and keep our season going

Can not stand John Collins, he was pants for us, and sounds like he is a bit bitter about us.

Collins thinks there is 36 games in the season the utter weapon. Sums him up.

Collins would have fitted in perfectly with this team, an absolute fairy who hid when the going got tough. He can pipe right down

Collins is an utter bell. Know people that have met him down the years and he is by all accounts a horrible, arrogant clown. Andy Gray for me is still someone that I enjoy listening to, even if he's a misogynist. I'd happily see him back on Sky rather than Souness and Redknapp.

I don’t know what point Collins was trying to make there.

Trevor Francis was spot on IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.